Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 limited BIOS options?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
December 8, 2011 1:06:59 AM

I went into the BIOS on my ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 and I could not disable the Intel Turbo-Boost technology. Actually, I couldn't even find the option. If anyone knows where to find it, that would be great. I need to know how to disable it because I plan on overclocking.

Best solution

December 12, 2011 7:22:08 PM

HostileDonut said:
I went into the BIOS on my ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 and I could not disable the Intel Turbo-Boost technology. Actually, I couldn't even find the option. If anyone knows where to find it, that would be great. I need to know how to disable it because I plan on overclocking.

In the "OC Tweaker" tab it should be the 6th option down from the top.
a b V Motherboard
December 12, 2011 7:43:18 PM

Alright, I will check thanks. I would have thought I would have seen it, but I was probably just being unobservant. haha
m
l
Related resources
December 12, 2011 7:56:30 PM

Anytime, and by chance have you updated the bios yet?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 12, 2011 8:04:02 PM

mtech23 said:
Anytime, and by chance have you updated the bios yet?

I did not update the BIOS because I haven't had any issues so I didn't want to somehow hurt something.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 12, 2011 8:11:48 PM

I saw Intel SpeedStep, is that the same as ITB? I thought ISS lowered the frequency when it wasn't need and ITB increased it when it was needed. Does ISS have ITB bult into it?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 12, 2011 8:17:17 PM

By the way, I disabled ISS and it did nothing. It is still trying to save power and stuff, but I want to be able to overclock and with ISS on, that may be hard.
m
l
December 13, 2011 12:53:08 AM

I have literally had the MoBo for about 2 weeks now and haven't had that much tweaking time, however doing just a slight overclock with the multiplier to 4.2ghz the ISS works fine to 4.2 but I am not yet sure how to keep it at a constant 4.2...but it doesnt seem that the ISS effects it much
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 13, 2011 12:11:13 PM

mtech23 said:
I have literally had the MoBo for about 2 weeks now and haven't had that much tweaking time, however doing just a slight overclock with the multiplier to 4.2ghz the ISS works fine to 4.2 but I am not yet sure how to keep it at a constant 4.2...but it doesnt seem that the ISS effects it much

Does ISS let it turbo, because if it doesn, that will be an issue. I want to at least hit 4.5Ghz with my board when i get a watercooler. Thanks for the help.
m
l
December 19, 2011 5:59:45 PM

I was able to hit 4500mhz with 2500k without having to disable turbo or make any other major changes in BIOS. I stress tested it and did not break 68c using cooler master v8 and arctic silver 5. I've since backed the multiplyer down to 44 just to have that factor of safety.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 19, 2011 7:15:48 PM

mugenkid18 said:
I was able to hit 4500mhz with 2500k without having to disable turbo or make any other major changes in BIOS. I stress tested it and did not break 68c using cooler master v8 and arctic silver 5. I've since backed the multiplyer down to 44 just to have that factor of safety.

That sounds like about the overclock I wanted.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2011 10:58:50 PM

Best answer selected by HostileDonut.
m
l
!