SIM Cards & Connection Quality

I'm trying out a "new" Nokia 6340i phone with Cingular's Pay As You Go
plan. I'll switch to a regular plan if the service works for me.

I received a new SIM from the Cingular corporate store where I signed
up for service.

I use up to 4000 minutes a month and have regular accounts with both
Verizon and Sprint.

I live in Northern CA. Sprint is crystal clear and Verizon is not far
off.

The Cingular sound quality is terrible compared to the other 2
carriers. There's a lot of hiss and light static in both urban and
rural areas with Cingular.

Today I went in to a Cingular store and they tried my SIM in another
brand new phone, a Nokia 6100. The sound quality was the same.

Is it possible that I have a bad SIM or is that the best Cingular has
to offer in my
area?

BTW the Nokia 6340i is a GSM 850/1900 Mhz, TDMA 800/1900 Mhz, AMPS 800
Mhz phone so it should cover all the bases in my area.

Chas.
53 answers Last reply
More about cards connection quality

    In article <jKWdnRZtg5KJ-uXfRVn-qA@comcast.com>,
    "* * Chas" <dnafutz@aol.spam.com> wrote:

    > I'm trying out a "new" Nokia 6340i phone with Cingular's Pay As You Go
    > plan. I'll switch to a regular plan if the service works for me.
    >
    > I received a new SIM from the Cingular corporate store where I signed
    > up for service.
    >
    > I use up to 4000 minutes a month and have regular accounts with both
    > Verizon and Sprint.
    >
    > I live in Northern CA. Sprint is crystal clear and Verizon is not far
    > off.
    >
    > The Cingular sound quality is terrible compared to the other 2
    > carriers. There's a lot of hiss and light static in both urban and
    > rural areas with Cingular.
    >
    > Today I went in to a Cingular store and they tried my SIM in another
    > brand new phone, a Nokia 6100. The sound quality was the same.
    >
    > Is it possible that I have a bad SIM or is that the best Cingular has
    > to offer in my
    > area?
    >
    > BTW the Nokia 6340i is a GSM 850/1900 Mhz, TDMA 800/1900 Mhz, AMPS 800
    > Mhz phone so it should cover all the bases in my area.

    Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.

    * * Chas wrote:

    > Is it possible that I have a bad SIM or is that the best Cingular has
    > to offer in my
    > area?

    The SIm should not affect sound quality. All it does is store your
    account information in order to authenticate you and give you access to
    the GSM networks, as well as store some phonebook information. What
    determines actual sound quality is the phone and how the network is
    configured.

    Since your SIM has been tried in another phone and you still found the
    quality to be bad, then it's likely the network.

    Sound quality is a subjective thing. Some people absolutely love the
    characteristics of GSM and find CDMA to sound a bit muffled. Others
    (myself included) find GSM to be too harsh on the ear, and very raspy,
    and we prefer CDMA. It seems that you're in the latter camp if you have
    Verizon and Sprint and are happy with their sound quality.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

    "* * Chas" <dnafutz@aol.spam.com> wrote in message

    > The Cingular sound quality is terrible compared to the other 2
    > carriers. There's a lot of hiss and light static in both urban and
    > rural areas with Cingular.

    Not really wanting to start an old argument again but the CDMA technology
    gives better sound quality than does TDMA and it's derivitives (GSM).

    "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote in message

    > "* * Chas" <dnafutz@aol.spam.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > The Cingular sound quality is terrible compared to the other 2
    > > carriers. There's a lot of hiss and light static in both urban and
    > > rural areas with Cingular.
    >
    > Not really wanting to start an old argument again but the CDMA
    technology
    > gives better sound quality than does TDMA and it's derivitives
    (GSM).

    Hmm, could be, but.... I have an old AT&T Nokia 6160 TDMA phone that
    I used with AT&TWS until I closed my account in January. It sounded
    about the same as most of the other Nokias that I've used.

    I'm using a Nokia 3585i with Sprint and it's almost as good as what I
    used to get with my Fujitsu 3 watt analog Cellular1 phone! So much for
    the benefits of digital.

    Chas.

    > Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.

    Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months ago.
    Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.
    >
    > Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months
    ago.
    > Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.

    Very interesting. I called Cingular Tech Support (on a land line) last
    week to see if maybe the phone was only working on TDMA and/or AMPs
    not the highly touted GSM. He said it was working on all bands
    (assuming he had a way to check it out over the air.

    The manager at the Cingular store yesterday told me the 6340i was
    obsolete - she was trying to sell me a new phone - but my chip in her
    phone sounded just as bad.

    Chas.

    That's strange, I switched my old GAIT account on a 6340i to a GSM national
    account with GAIT option a few months ago without a problem, they obviously
    had to take the IMIE number & such to make sure the TDMA/Analog part would
    work.

    However, his being a Pay-as-you go account, Cingular may not do the GAIT
    option for him, I do not know the answer to this.

    Anyway, in the 6340i, the phone first searches for GSM, then TDMA, then
    Analog signals. Where I am currently staying, I only receive Analog, but
    the voice quality is good.

    But, when I am in areas of GSM coverage & switch the SIM to my Moto V551,
    sound quality improves quite a bit over the 6340i on GSM.

    Just my 2 cents on my experience with the 6340i, a phone I cannot live
    without right now..

    "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote in message

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.
    >
    > Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months ago.
    > Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.

    Good to know that the GAIT option is available for Pay-As-You-Go, too.

    What you are experiencing really does sound like a Cingular coverage issue
    to me, more than a sound quality issue.

    "Scott Mc" <scott.NOSPAM.mcconkey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > That's strange, I switched my old GAIT account on a 6340i to a GSM
    national
    > account with GAIT option a few months ago without a problem, they
    obviously
    > had to take the IMIE number & such to make sure the TDMA/Analog part
    would
    > work.
    >
    > However, his being a Pay-as-you go account, Cingular may not do the
    GAIT
    > option for him, I do not know the answer to this.

    Thanks for the input. About a month ago my Verizon service went to
    hell within a 2 mile radius of my home and they've told me TS. I've
    been trying a Sprint phone for almost a month and it works great (but
    I would prefer not to have to deal with the "Dark Side"). I'm using a
    Nokia 3585i and it sounds better than my land lines.

    I wanted to try Cingular in my area before making a switch from
    Verizon. When I explained what I wanted to do, the Cingular store
    manager suggested that I buy a pay as you go card instead of setting
    up a 30 day account.

    I'm going back to the store today and check out another phone to see
    if there is any difference.

    > Anyway, in the 6340i, the phone first searches for GSM, then TDMA,
    then
    > Analog signals. Where I am currently staying, I only receive
    Analog, but
    > the voice quality is good.
    >
    > But, when I am in areas of GSM coverage & switch the SIM to my Moto
    V551,
    > sound quality improves quite a bit over the 6340i on GSM.

    I'm not locked into the Nokia, I just like the format - large buttons,
    easy to read mono tone screen and so on. I use up to 4000 minutes a
    month for business and I've never liked flip phones. The newer color
    screens are hard to read in sunlight and even harder with sunglasses
    on.

    I tried my SIM in a new Nokia 6100 at a different Cingular store and
    there was no difference in sound quality.

    > Just my 2 cents on my experience with the 6340i, a phone I cannot
    live
    > without right now..

    I used my Cellular1 Fujitsu 3W analog phone until the bitter end.
    Sound quality in my car was as good as any land line!
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    * * Chas wrote:
    > I've
    > been trying a Sprint phone for almost a month and it works great (but
    > I would prefer not to have to deal with the "Dark Side").

    How exactly is Sprint the "Dark Side?" Sprint was never a part of AT&T.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <Qu4ee.5436$HL2.1952@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.
    >
    > Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months ago.
    > Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.

    Not necessarily if he is using an older SIM.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <117husaklr5f3e8@corp.supernews.com>,
    Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    > * * Chas wrote:
    >
    > > Is it possible that I have a bad SIM or is that the best Cingular has
    > > to offer in my
    > > area?
    >
    > The SIm should not affect sound quality. All it does is store your
    > account information in order to authenticate you and give you access to
    > the GSM networks, as well as store some phonebook information. What
    > determines actual sound quality is the phone and how the network is
    > configured.
    >
    > Since your SIM has been tried in another phone and you still found the
    > quality to be bad, then it's likely the network.

    But which network. GSM, TDMA or Analog???? and is it native Cingular or
    not?

    > Sound quality is a subjective thing. Some people absolutely love the
    > characteristics of GSM and find CDMA to sound a bit muffled. Others
    > (myself included) find GSM to be too harsh on the ear, and very raspy,
    > and we prefer CDMA. It seems that you're in the latter camp if you have
    > Verizon and Sprint and are happy with their sound quality.
    >

    > --
    > E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    > Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:
    > In article <117husaklr5f3e8@corp.supernews.com>,
    > Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    >>Since your SIM has been tried in another phone and you still found the
    >>quality to be bad, then it's likely the network.
    >

    > But which network. GSM, TDMA or Analog???? and is it native Cingular or
    > not?

    If you read the OP's post, you'll realize your question has absolutely
    no relevance.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > In article <Qu4ee.5436$HL2.1952@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:
    >

    >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> > Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.
    >>
    >> Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months ago.
    >> Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.
    >
    > Not necessarily if he is using an older SIM.

    The SIM will work in the 6340i, even the new SIM.

    Re-read what I wrote. There are no new Gait accounts since about August of
    '04.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > I'm using a Nokia 3585i with Sprint and it's almost as good as what I
    > used to get with my Fujitsu 3 watt analog Cellular1 phone! So much for
    > the benefits of digital.

    The benifits of digital over a good strong AMPS signal are all on the
    carrier side (sound wise). There is nothing better for sound quality than
    analog.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <117ibbadtdvd262@corp.supernews.com>,
    Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    > * * Chas wrote:
    > > I've
    > > been trying a Sprint phone for almost a month and it works great (but
    > > I would prefer not to have to deal with the "Dark Side").
    >
    > How exactly is Sprint the "Dark Side?" Sprint was never a part of AT&T.

    But Sprint is ==always== rated worst for Customer Service.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <117ib80jksbbsf1@corp.supernews.com>,
    Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    > Jack Zwick wrote:
    > > In article <117husaklr5f3e8@corp.supernews.com>,
    > > Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:
    >
    > >>Since your SIM has been tried in another phone and you still found the
    > >>quality to be bad, then it's likely the network.
    > >

    > > But which network. GSM, TDMA or Analog???? and is it native Cingular or
    > > not?
    >
    > If you read the OP's post, you'll realize your question has absolutely
    > no relevance.

    If you read the rest of the posts, you'll see it absolutely does.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <3%9ee.5773$HL2.2181@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <Qu4ee.5436$HL2.1952@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > > "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:
    > >

    > >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

    > >> Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months ago.
    > >> Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.
    > >
    > > Not necessarily if he is using an older SIM.
    >
    > The SIM will work in the 6340i, even the new SIM.
    >
    > Re-read what I wrote. There are no new Gait accounts since about August of
    > '04.

    But an old sim with still operate in GAIT mode on a GAIT pphone.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    John S wrote (5/4/2005 9:54 AM):

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.
    >

    > Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months ago.
    > Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.

    My personal experience with having Cingular activate GSM and GAIT since
    1/1/05 indicates the above to be untrue.

    --
    RJW
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    >> Re-read what I wrote. There are no new Gait accounts since about August
    >> of
    >> '04.
    >
    > But an old sim with still operate in GAIT mode on a GAIT pphone.

    An OLD GAIT SIM on and old GAIT plan, but it has nothing at all to do with
    the thread. It just "happens" that he is using his SIM in a 6340i. Nothing
    more.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:

    >>If you read the OP's post, you'll realize your question has absolutely
    >>no relevance.
    >

    > If you read the rest of the posts, you'll see it absolutely does.

    Contradicting for the sake of starting an argument, phillipe? what a
    shame. You absolutely cannot be content until you've completely
    polluted every possible thread. A true troll to the last.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:

    >>How exactly is Sprint the "Dark Side?" Sprint was never a part of AT&T.
    >

    > But Sprint is ==always== rated worst for Customer Service.

    Always, huh Phillipe?

    http://www.jdpa.com/pdf/2004085.pdf

    Looks like your favorite source has proven you wrong.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <427A70D4.8010201@sacredpoet.com>,
    Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    > Jack Zwick wrote:
    >
    > >>How exactly is Sprint the "Dark Side?" Sprint was never a part of AT&T.
    > >

    > > But Sprint is ==always== rated worst for Customer Service.

    > http://www.jdpa.com/pdf/2004085.pdf
    >

    > Looks like your favorite source has proven you wrong.

    That is not a report on Customer Service.

    SprintPCS is and continues to rate WORST inCustomer Service.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Whenever I call Sprint I always get excellent customer service.

    > In article <427A70D4.8010201@sacredpoet.com>,
    > Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    >> > But Sprint is ==always== rated worst for Customer Service.
    >

    >> http://www.jdpa.com/pdf/2004085.pdf
    >>

    >> Looks like your favorite source has proven you wrong.
    >

    > That is not a report on Customer Service.
    >
    > SprintPCS is and continues to rate WORST inCustomer Service.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <117kmosh6s6aed4@corp.supernews.com>,
    Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    > Jack Zwick wrote:
    >
    > >>If you read the OP's post, you'll realize your question has absolutely
    > >>no relevance.
    > >

    > > If you read the rest of the posts, you'll see it absolutely does.
    >
    > Contradicting for the sake of starting an argument? what a
    > shame. You absolutely cannot be content until you've completely
    > polluted every possible thread. A true troll to the last.

    The last resort of a cellular shill when proven wrong. Call the poster a
    troll.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <TCuee.16148$_K.13704@fed1read03>,
    "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote:

    > Whenever I call Sprint I always get excellent customer service.

    Anecdotal evidence counts for nothing.

    Scientific surveys of many customers are a better measure. and by that
    measure SprintPCS is always rated worst.

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <427A70D4.8010201@sacredpoet.com>,
    > > Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    > >> http://www.jdpa.com/pdf/2004085.pdf
    > >>

    > >> Looks like your favorite source has proven you wrong.
    > >

    > > That is not a report on Customer Service.
    > >
    > > SprintPCS is and continues to rate WORST inCustomer Service.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    It could also have a lot to do with the customer's attitude when they
    contact Sprint CS.

    > In article <TCuee.16148$_K.13704@fed1read03>,
    > "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Whenever I call Sprint I always get excellent customer service.
    >
    > Anecdotal evidence counts for nothing.
    >
    > Scientific surveys of many customers are a better measure. and by that
    > measure SprintPCS is always rated worst.
    >

    >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

    >> > That is not a report on Customer Service.
    >> >
    >> > SprintPCS is and continues to rate WORST inCustomer Service.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    On 5/4/05 9:53 AM, in article
    0t4ee.5434$HL2.1882@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net, "John S"
    <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:

    > Not really wanting to start an old argument again but the CDMA technology
    > gives better sound quality than does TDMA and it's derivitives (GSM).
    Hardly. I've had both and must listen to Verizon users all day at work (we
    use them as our cell provider) The worst sound quality goes to CDMA with
    Verizon - very coarse and raspy at most times (esp. During high loads). GSM
    by contrast sounds more natural and much better.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <yqwee.16155$_K.13674@fed1read03>,
    "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote:

    > It could also have a lot to do with the customer's attitude when they
    > contact Sprint CS.

    Dream on. Spin away. Why would Sprint Customers have different attitudes
    than Verizon or Cingular customers. Oh Wait, more billing problems, more
    dropped calls, more coverage holes.

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <TCuee.16148$_K.13704@fed1read03>,
    > > "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Whenever I call Sprint I always get excellent customer service.
    > >
    > > Anecdotal evidence counts for nothing.
    > >
    > > Scientific surveys of many customers are a better measure. and by that
    > > measure SprintPCS is always rated worst.
    > >

    > >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

  30. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jack,

    What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
    personal vendetta against Sprint?

    > In article <yqwee.16155$_K.13674@fed1read03>,
    > "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote:
    >
    >> It could also have a lot to do with the customer's attitude when they
    >> contact Sprint CS.
    >
    > Dream on. Spin away. Why would Sprint Customers have different attitudes
    > than Verizon or Cingular customers. Oh Wait, more billing problems, more
    > dropped calls, more coverage holes.
    >

    >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

    >> > Anecdotal evidence counts for nothing.
    >> >
    >> > Scientific surveys of many customers are a better measure. and by that
    >> > measure SprintPCS is always rated worst.

  31. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Mij Adway wrote:

    > What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
    > personal vendetta against Sprint?

    Yes to both. :)

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
  32. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    On Thu, 05 May 2005 21:44:45 -0400, SneakerFreak
    <sneakerfreak@covad.net> wrote:

    >On 5/4/05 9:53 AM, in article
    >0t4ee.5434$HL2.1882@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net, "John S"
    ><johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Not really wanting to start an old argument again but the CDMA technology
    >> gives better sound quality than does TDMA and it's derivitives (GSM).
    >Hardly. I've had both and must listen to Verizon users all day at work (we
    >use them as our cell provider) The worst sound quality goes to CDMA with
    >Verizon - very coarse and raspy at most times (esp. During high loads). GSM
    >by contrast sounds more natural and much better.

    As someone said, it's subjective but that's the experience I have
    always had in this area.

    The other night I got a call at home from a client that was on a
    Cingular Blackberry I believe. I knew his mobile number from the
    caller id but I had to ask him if he was really calling from the
    mobile because it was that clear listening on my landline.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <aspm711dne1ssaeni0gjat0itlrinsv4tu@4ax.com>, nospam@ptd.net
    wrote:

    > The other night I got a call at home from a client that was on a
    > Cingular Blackberry I believe. I knew his mobile number from the
    > caller id but I had to ask him if he was really calling from the
    > mobile because it was that clear listening on my landline.

    Ironically the clearest cell phone I ever had was a Sprint CDMA Treo
    300, which I returned for a refund after 2 weeks. If it ever lost the
    signal in a fringe zone (i.e. downtown New Haven, CT); it required a
    reboot to find the Network again.
  34. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > Jack,
    >
    > What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
    > personal vendetta against Sprint?

    Phillipe/Jack/50 or so other aliases is a troll trying to stir up trouble.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > > Jack,
    > >
    > > What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
    > > personal vendetta against Sprint?
    >
    > Phillipe/Jack/50 or so other aliases is a troll trying to stir up trouble.

    You missed one character above John ... it's 150 aliases ...

    Bob
  36. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <34Lee.6438$GQ5.1778@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:

    > "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > > Jack,
    > >
    > > What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
    > > personal vendetta against Sprint?
    >
    > He is a troll trying to stir up trouble.

    The last bastion of someone proved wrong on USENET is to call the
    other person a Troll, when they have been proved wrong.

    The ==FACT== remains that SprintPCS repeatedly by JD Power, Consumer
    Reports, the Yankee Group and others has been rated WORST for Customer
    Service.

    Posting the TRUTH is hardly trolling, except as viewed by cellular
    shills that can't handle the truth.
  37. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <34Lee.6438$GQ5.1778@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:
    >

    > > "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > > > Jack,
    > > >
    > > > What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
    > > > personal vendetta against Sprint?
    > >
    > > He is a troll trying to stir up trouble.
    >

    > The last bastion of someone proved wrong on USENET is to call the
    > other person a Troll, when they have been proved wrong.
    >
    > The ==FACT== remains that SprintPCS repeatedly by JD Power, Consumer
    > Reports, the Yankee Group and others has been rated WORST for Customer
    > Service.
    >
    > Posting the TRUTH is hardly trolling, except as viewed by cellular
    > shills that can't handle the truth.

    What a hypocrite you are Phillipe. You are hardly the one to talk about
    truth, when you've changed your identity so many times, to hide ... and get
    around kill filters to spread your shinola. If you are so into the truth,
    why don't you stay with the same id? Inquiring minds want to know ...

    Bob
  38. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <lpLee.5967$V01.409@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > What a hypocrite you are. You are hardly the one to talk about
    > truth, Inquiring minds want to know ...

    And your insults change the FACT that SPRINTPCS is rated worst for
    Customer Service how?
  39. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:
    > In article <TCuee.16148$_K.13704@fed1read03>,
    > "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Whenever I call Sprint I always get excellent customer service.
    >

    > Anecdotal evidence counts for nothing.

    Well then, the JD power reports count for nothing. Those reports are
    based on customer experiences; anecdotal evidence.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  40. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Mij Adway wrote:
    > Jack,
    >
    > What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
    > personal vendetta against Sprint?

    Mij, thank you for that observation. You are correct, Jack Zwick, aka
    phillipe and a dozen other false identities, is indeed a troll with a
    vendetta. I'm just glad you claim to the conclusion without any of us
    saying it; it proves us right. :)

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  41. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:

    >>http://www.jdpa.com/pdf/2004085.pdf
    >>

    >>Looks like your favorite source has proven you wrong.

    > That is not a report on Customer Service.

    Nice one. The facts are presented to you in black and white, and you
    flatly deny its existence. Way to go troll. Are you and Comical Ali,
    the former Iraq Information Minister, related by any chance?

    By the way, you can click on various regions in the US in customers
    service ratings on the JD power website, and you will find that Sprint
    PCS is NOT consistenyl rated worst. In fact, NONE of the carriers have
    a consistent worst rating. They all tend to fair, once the geographic
    regions are compared against each other, about average: some rate best
    in some palces, some rate worst in others.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  42. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
    >> > Jack,
    >> >
    >> > What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
    >> > personal vendetta against Sprint?
    >>
    >> Phillipe/Jack/50 or so other aliases is a troll trying to stir up
    >> trouble.
    >>
    > You missed one character above John ... it's 150 aliases ...

    oops, sorry about that!
  43. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <lpLee.5967$V01.409@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    > > What a hypocrite you are. You are hardly the one to talk about
    > > truth, Inquiring minds want to know ...
    >
    > And your insults change the FACT that SPRINTPCS is rated worst for
    > Customer Service how?

    The truth about you hurts ... doesn't it Phillipe? Come on, fess up, be
    truthful yourself for a change and tell us why you think it's necessary to
    change your id so much ... and why you have such a hate and an agenda
    against SPCS?

    Did you work for them and get canned?

    Bob
  44. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Bob Smith wrote:
    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> And your insults change the FACT that SPRINTPCS is rated worst for
    >> Customer Service how?
    >
    > The truth about you hurts ... doesn't it Phillipe? Come on, fess up,
    > be truthful yourself for a change and tell us why you think it's
    > necessary to change your id so much ... and why you have such a hate
    > and an agenda against SPCS?
    >
    > Did you work for them and get canned?

    Ya think? Seriously though, I don't wish anyone ill will, not even
    Phillipe and company. But it would be nice if someone headed over to
    alt.food.mcdonalds to at least warn them of what to expect.

    --
    Mike | A much wittier reply came to mind immediately
    | after I clicked the 'Send' button.
  45. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <JXMee.4907$7F4.3000@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <lpLee.5967$V01.409@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    > > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > > What a hypocrite you are. You are hardly the one to talk about
    > > > truth, Inquiring minds want to know ...
    > >
    > > And your insults change the FACT that SPRINTPCS is rated worst for
    > > Customer Service how?
    >
    > The truth about you hurts

    No, the TRUTH about SPTRINTPCS hurts a shill like you apparently:

    J.D. Power EVERY Year rates SprintPCS worst for Customer Service. Sprint
    must be doing something wrong.

    - CSRs (on the "800" line) with strict handle time limits (6 minutes
    average)

    - CSRs with upsell quotas - must sell contracts, "Vision" or something

    - CSRs that get downgraded if a call has to be escalated,
    so they often refuse to do so. No one knows how to
    activate "ReadyLink".

    - Long hold times for phone calls - slightly better in 2005, still long.

    - 24/7 phone support is History

    - CSRs that tell you what they think you want to hear
    to rush you off the phone.

    - Serious grief in getting rebates for many people

    - Internet connectivity deteriorating as its oversold.

    - Secret "don't ask - Don't tell" policy of using cellphone
    as modem.

    - Secret Warranties - Recalls that you don't know about
    unless you complain to the right person at
    right time.

    - Stores where firmware upgrades require leaving your phone all day,
    and then often finding out nothing was done.

    - Network changes causing loss of coverage used as excuse to sell you
    new phone with new 2 year contract.

    -- Selling off Towers to artificially bolster P/L statements.

    =================

    Back years ago when I signed up for Sprint, plans were less expensive,
    phones were less expensive, no contract was required, you got FIMF,
    and 24/7 phone support. Quality Nokia and Motorola phones. Now its
    mainly poor reception Samsung phones, and overheating self-destroying
    Sanyo phones. Today you can download 3 ringtones to a Sprint Sanyo 7300,
    but a similarly priced GSM Motorola v400 will accept over 830. Sprint
    promises to eliminate deadzones, many of which still exist 5 years later.

    Bit by bit it's all deteriorated, and SprintPCS now richly deserves its
    rating from J.D. Power of WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of the major carriers.
  46. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <JXMee.4907$7F4.3000@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >

    > > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

    > > > And your insults change the FACT that SPRINTPCS is rated worst for
    > > > Customer Service how?
    > >
    > > The truth about you hurts
    >
    > No, the TRUTH about SPTRINTPCS hurts a shill like you apparently:

    <snipped>

    So, avoiding the questions as usual Phillipe? I'm no shill for SPCS, as you
    well know.

    Why do you expect anyone to listen to you, what with your past! You talk
    about honesty, yet you can't follow the same principles, just by making a
    simple statement on why you have this agenda against SPCS or feel the need
    to change your id sooooooooooo many times.

    You harp on Christian values, and fail to follow any other them. There is
    one word to describe you ... and that's "Hypocrite"

    Fess up Phillipe. Tell us why ... truthfully. Otherwise, no one will believe
    anything you say.

    Bob.
  47. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Bob Smith wrote:

    > You harp on Christian values,

    I forget which one of the Ten Commandments says "Thou shalt not bear false
    witness" but he'd do well to learn it.

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
  48. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <3e1mn0Fp9veU1@individual.net>,
    "Tinman" <mlynch@REMOVEMEcitlink.net> wrote:

    > Ya think? Seriously though, I don't wish anyone ill will, not even
    > Phillipe and company. But it would be nice if someone headed over to
    > alt.food.mcdonalds to at least warn them of what to expect.

    Has Smith been collecting his SprintPCS payoffs there?
  49. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <3e1mn0Fp9veU1@individual.net>,
    > "Tinman" <mlynch@REMOVEMEcitlink.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Ya think? Seriously though, I don't wish anyone ill will, not even
    > > Phillipe and company. But it would be nice if someone headed over to
    > > alt.food.mcdonalds to at least warn them of what to expect.
    >
    > Has Smith been collecting his SprintPCS payoffs there?

    I am LMAO with this comment, considering your alleged Christian background
    and the amount of lies that you spread around. Tell me, do you ever feel a
    flinch every time you lie with these false allegations?

    No ... I didn't think so.

    Bob

Cingular Connection Nokia Internet Service Providers Product