SIM Cards & Connection Quality

Last response: in Network Providers
May 4, 2005 3:10:08 AM

I'm trying out a "new" Nokia 6340i phone with Cingular's Pay As You Go
plan. I'll switch to a regular plan if the service works for me.

I received a new SIM from the Cingular corporate store where I signed
up for service.

I use up to 4000 minutes a month and have regular accounts with both
Verizon and Sprint.

I live in Northern CA. Sprint is crystal clear and Verizon is not far
off.

The Cingular sound quality is terrible compared to the other 2
carriers. There's a lot of hiss and light static in both urban and
rural areas with Cingular.

Today I went in to a Cingular store and they tried my SIM in another
brand new phone, a Nokia 6100. The sound quality was the same.

Is it possible that I have a bad SIM or is that the best Cingular has
to offer in my
area?

BTW the Nokia 6340i is a GSM 850/1900 Mhz, TDMA 800/1900 Mhz, AMPS 800
Mhz phone so it should cover all the bases in my area.

Chas.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 1:19:23 PM

In article <jKWdnRZtg5KJ-uXfRVn-qA@comcast.com>,
"* * Chas" <dnafutz@aol.spam.com> wrote:

> I'm trying out a "new" Nokia 6340i phone with Cingular's Pay As You Go
> plan. I'll switch to a regular plan if the service works for me.
>
> I received a new SIM from the Cingular corporate store where I signed
> up for service.
>
> I use up to 4000 minutes a month and have regular accounts with both
> Verizon and Sprint.
>
> I live in Northern CA. Sprint is crystal clear and Verizon is not far
> off.
>
> The Cingular sound quality is terrible compared to the other 2
> carriers. There's a lot of hiss and light static in both urban and
> rural areas with Cingular.
>
> Today I went in to a Cingular store and they tried my SIM in another
> brand new phone, a Nokia 6100. The sound quality was the same.
>
> Is it possible that I have a bad SIM or is that the best Cingular has
> to offer in my
> area?
>
> BTW the Nokia 6340i is a GSM 850/1900 Mhz, TDMA 800/1900 Mhz, AMPS 800
> Mhz phone so it should cover all the bases in my area.

Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 4:42:31 PM

* * Chas wrote:

> Is it possible that I have a bad SIM or is that the best Cingular has
> to offer in my
> area?

The SIm should not affect sound quality. All it does is store your
account information in order to authenticate you and give you access to
the GSM networks, as well as store some phonebook information. What
determines actual sound quality is the phone and how the network is
configured.

Since your SIM has been tried in another phone and you still found the
quality to be bad, then it's likely the network.

Sound quality is a subjective thing. Some people absolutely love the
characteristics of GSM and find CDMA to sound a bit muffled. Others
(myself included) find GSM to be too harsh on the ear, and very raspy,
and we prefer CDMA. It seems that you're in the latter camp if you have
Verizon and Sprint and are happy with their sound quality.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
May 4, 2005 5:53:00 PM

"* * Chas" <dnafutz@aol.spam.com> wrote in message

> The Cingular sound quality is terrible compared to the other 2
> carriers. There's a lot of hiss and light static in both urban and
> rural areas with Cingular.

Not really wanting to start an old argument again but the CDMA technology
gives better sound quality than does TDMA and it's derivitives (GSM).
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 5:53:01 PM

"John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote in message

> "* * Chas" <dnafutz@aol.spam.com> wrote in message
>
> > The Cingular sound quality is terrible compared to the other 2
> > carriers. There's a lot of hiss and light static in both urban and
> > rural areas with Cingular.
>
> Not really wanting to start an old argument again but the CDMA
technology
> gives better sound quality than does TDMA and it's derivitives
(GSM).

Hmm, could be, but.... I have an old AT&T Nokia 6160 TDMA phone that
I used with AT&TWS until I closed my account in January. It sounded
about the same as most of the other Nokias that I've used.

I'm using a Nokia 3585i with Sprint and it's almost as good as what I
used to get with my Fujitsu 3 watt analog Cellular1 phone! So much for
the benefits of digital.

Chas.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 5:54:56 PM

> Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.

Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months ago.
Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 5:54:57 PM

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>
> > Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.
>
> Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months
ago.
> Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.

Very interesting. I called Cingular Tech Support (on a land line) last
week to see if maybe the phone was only working on TDMA and/or AMPs
not the highly touted GSM. He said it was working on all bands
(assuming he had a way to check it out over the air.

The manager at the Cingular store yesterday told me the 6340i was
obsolete - she was trying to sell me a new phone - but my chip in her
phone sounded just as bad.

Chas.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 5:54:57 PM

That's strange, I switched my old GAIT account on a 6340i to a GSM national
account with GAIT option a few months ago without a problem, they obviously
had to take the IMIE number & such to make sure the TDMA/Analog part would
work.

However, his being a Pay-as-you go account, Cingular may not do the GAIT
option for him, I do not know the answer to this.

Anyway, in the 6340i, the phone first searches for GSM, then TDMA, then
Analog signals. Where I am currently staying, I only receive Analog, but
the voice quality is good.

But, when I am in areas of GSM coverage & switch the SIM to my Moto V551,
sound quality improves quite a bit over the 6340i on GSM.

Just my 2 cents on my experience with the 6340i, a phone I cannot live
without right now..

"John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>
>> Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.
>
> Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months ago.
> Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 5:54:58 PM

Good to know that the GAIT option is available for Pay-As-You-Go, too.

What you are experiencing really does sound like a Cingular coverage issue
to me, more than a sound quality issue.

> "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.
>>
>> Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months
> ago.
>> Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.
>>

> Very interesting. I called Cingular Tech Support (on a land line) last
> week to see if maybe the phone was only working on TDMA and/or AMPs
> not the highly touted GSM. He said it was working on all bands
> (assuming he had a way to check it out over the air.
>
> The manager at the Cingular store yesterday told me the 6340i was
> obsolete - she was trying to sell me a new phone - but my chip in her
> phone sounded just as bad.
>
> Chas.

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 5:54:58 PM

"Scott Mc" <scott.NOSPAM.mcconkey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> That's strange, I switched my old GAIT account on a 6340i to a GSM
national
> account with GAIT option a few months ago without a problem, they
obviously
> had to take the IMIE number & such to make sure the TDMA/Analog part
would
> work.
>
> However, his being a Pay-as-you go account, Cingular may not do the
GAIT
> option for him, I do not know the answer to this.

Thanks for the input. About a month ago my Verizon service went to
hell within a 2 mile radius of my home and they've told me TS. I've
been trying a Sprint phone for almost a month and it works great (but
I would prefer not to have to deal with the "Dark Side"). I'm using a
Nokia 3585i and it sounds better than my land lines.

I wanted to try Cingular in my area before making a switch from
Verizon. When I explained what I wanted to do, the Cingular store
manager suggested that I buy a pay as you go card instead of setting
up a 30 day account.

I'm going back to the store today and check out another phone to see
if there is any difference.

> Anyway, in the 6340i, the phone first searches for GSM, then TDMA,
then
> Analog signals. Where I am currently staying, I only receive
Analog, but
> the voice quality is good.
>
> But, when I am in areas of GSM coverage & switch the SIM to my Moto
V551,
> sound quality improves quite a bit over the 6340i on GSM.

I'm not locked into the Nokia, I just like the format - large buttons,
easy to read mono tone screen and so on. I use up to 4000 minutes a
month for business and I've never liked flip phones. The newer color
screens are hard to read in sunlight and even harder with sunglasses
on.

I tried my SIM in a new Nokia 6100 at a different Cingular store and
there was no difference in sound quality.

> Just my 2 cents on my experience with the 6340i, a phone I cannot
live
> without right now..

I used my Cellular1 Fujitsu 3W analog phone until the bitter end.
Sound quality in my car was as good as any land line!
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 8:15:38 PM

* * Chas wrote:
> I've
> been trying a Sprint phone for almost a month and it works great (but
> I would prefer not to have to deal with the "Dark Side").

How exactly is Sprint the "Dark Side?" Sprint was never a part of AT&T.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
May 4, 2005 9:40:27 PM

In article <Qu4ee.5436$HL2.1952@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>
> > Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.
>
> Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months ago.
> Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.

Not necessarily if he is using an older SIM.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 9:48:52 PM

In article <117husaklr5f3e8@corp.supernews.com>,
Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

> * * Chas wrote:
>
> > Is it possible that I have a bad SIM or is that the best Cingular has
> > to offer in my
> > area?
>
> The SIm should not affect sound quality. All it does is store your
> account information in order to authenticate you and give you access to
> the GSM networks, as well as store some phonebook information. What
> determines actual sound quality is the phone and how the network is
> configured.
>
> Since your SIM has been tried in another phone and you still found the
> quality to be bad, then it's likely the network.

But which network. GSM, TDMA or Analog???? and is it native Cingular or
not?

> Sound quality is a subjective thing. Some people absolutely love the
> characteristics of GSM and find CDMA to sound a bit muffled. Others
> (myself included) find GSM to be too harsh on the ear, and very raspy,
> and we prefer CDMA. It seems that you're in the latter camp if you have
> Verizon and Sprint and are happy with their sound quality.
>

> --
> E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
> Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 9:48:53 PM

Jack Zwick wrote:
> In article <117husaklr5f3e8@corp.supernews.com>,
> Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

>>Since your SIM has been tried in another phone and you still found the
>>quality to be bad, then it's likely the network.
>

> But which network. GSM, TDMA or Analog???? and is it native Cingular or
> not?

If you read the OP's post, you'll realize your question has absolutely
no relevance.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
May 5, 2005 12:10:39 AM

> In article <Qu4ee.5436$HL2.1952@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:
>

>> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.
>>
>> Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months ago.
>> Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.
>
> Not necessarily if he is using an older SIM.

The SIM will work in the 6340i, even the new SIM.

Re-read what I wrote. There are no new Gait accounts since about August of
'04.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:12:08 AM

> I'm using a Nokia 3585i with Sprint and it's almost as good as what I
> used to get with my Fujitsu 3 watt analog Cellular1 phone! So much for
> the benefits of digital.

The benifits of digital over a good strong AMPS signal are all on the
carrier side (sound wise). There is nothing better for sound quality than
analog.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:59:27 AM

In article <117ibbadtdvd262@corp.supernews.com>,
Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

> * * Chas wrote:
> > I've
> > been trying a Sprint phone for almost a month and it works great (but
> > I would prefer not to have to deal with the "Dark Side").
>
> How exactly is Sprint the "Dark Side?" Sprint was never a part of AT&T.

But Sprint is ==always== rated worst for Customer Service.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 1:00:16 AM

In article <117ib80jksbbsf1@corp.supernews.com>,
Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

> Jack Zwick wrote:
> > In article <117husaklr5f3e8@corp.supernews.com>,
> > Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:
>
> >>Since your SIM has been tried in another phone and you still found the
> >>quality to be bad, then it's likely the network.
> >

> > But which network. GSM, TDMA or Analog???? and is it native Cingular or
> > not?
>
> If you read the OP's post, you'll realize your question has absolutely
> no relevance.

If you read the rest of the posts, you'll see it absolutely does.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 1:01:00 AM

In article <3%9ee.5773$HL2.2181@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > In article <Qu4ee.5436$HL2.1952@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> > "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:
> >

> >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> >> Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months ago.
> >> Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.
> >
> > Not necessarily if he is using an older SIM.
>
> The SIM will work in the 6340i, even the new SIM.
>
> Re-read what I wrote. There are no new Gait accounts since about August of
> '04.

But an old sim with still operate in GAIT mode on a GAIT pphone.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 1:41:37 AM

John S wrote (5/4/2005 9:54 AM):

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>

>>Make sure your phone is operating in GSM mode.
>

> Cingular quit activating the 6340's on TDMA and AMPS several months ago.
> Based on what he said (brand new 6340i) he is operating on GSM.

My personal experience with having Cingular activate GSM and GAIT since
1/1/05 indicates the above to be untrue.

--
RJW
Anonymous

>> Re-read what I wrote. There are no new Gait accounts since about August
>> of
>> '04.
>
> But an old sim with still operate in GAIT mode on a GAIT pphone.

An OLD GAIT SIM on and old GAIT plan, but it has nothing at all to do with
the thread. It just "happens" that he is using his SIM in a 6340i. Nothing
more.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 5:42:51 PM

Jack Zwick wrote:

>>If you read the OP's post, you'll realize your question has absolutely
>>no relevance.
>

> If you read the rest of the posts, you'll see it absolutely does.

Contradicting for the sake of starting an argument, phillipe? what a
shame. You absolutely cannot be content until you've completely
polluted every possible thread. A true troll to the last.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
May 5, 2005 7:15:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Jack Zwick wrote:

>>How exactly is Sprint the "Dark Side?" Sprint was never a part of AT&T.
>

> But Sprint is ==always== rated worst for Customer Service.

Always, huh Phillipe?

http://www.jdpa.com/pdf/2004085.pdf

Looks like your favorite source has proven you wrong.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
May 5, 2005 11:32:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <427A70D4.8010201@sacredpoet.com>,
Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

> Jack Zwick wrote:
>
> >>How exactly is Sprint the "Dark Side?" Sprint was never a part of AT&T.
> >

> > But Sprint is ==always== rated worst for Customer Service.

> http://www.jdpa.com/pdf/2004085.pdf
>

> Looks like your favorite source has proven you wrong.

That is not a report on Customer Service.

SprintPCS is and continues to rate WORST inCustomer Service.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:32:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Whenever I call Sprint I always get excellent customer service.

> In article <427A70D4.8010201@sacredpoet.com>,
> Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

>> > But Sprint is ==always== rated worst for Customer Service.
>

>> http://www.jdpa.com/pdf/2004085.pdf
>>

>> Looks like your favorite source has proven you wrong.
>

> That is not a report on Customer Service.
>
> SprintPCS is and continues to rate WORST inCustomer Service.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:33:42 PM

In article <117kmosh6s6aed4@corp.supernews.com>,
Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

> Jack Zwick wrote:
>
> >>If you read the OP's post, you'll realize your question has absolutely
> >>no relevance.
> >

> > If you read the rest of the posts, you'll see it absolutely does.
>
> Contradicting for the sake of starting an argument? what a
> shame. You absolutely cannot be content until you've completely
> polluted every possible thread. A true troll to the last.

The last resort of a cellular shill when proven wrong. Call the poster a
troll.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:26:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <TCuee.16148$_K.13704@fed1read03>,
"Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote:

> Whenever I call Sprint I always get excellent customer service.

Anecdotal evidence counts for nothing.

Scientific surveys of many customers are a better measure. and by that
measure SprintPCS is always rated worst.

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > In article <427A70D4.8010201@sacredpoet.com>,
> > Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

> >> http://www.jdpa.com/pdf/2004085.pdf
> >>

> >> Looks like your favorite source has proven you wrong.
> >

> > That is not a report on Customer Service.
> >
> > SprintPCS is and continues to rate WORST inCustomer Service.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:26:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

It could also have a lot to do with the customer's attitude when they
contact Sprint CS.

> In article <TCuee.16148$_K.13704@fed1read03>,
> "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> Whenever I call Sprint I always get excellent customer service.
>
> Anecdotal evidence counts for nothing.
>
> Scientific surveys of many customers are a better measure. and by that
> measure SprintPCS is always rated worst.
>

>> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

>> > That is not a report on Customer Service.
>> >
>> > SprintPCS is and continues to rate WORST inCustomer Service.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:44:45 AM

On 5/4/05 9:53 AM, in article
0t4ee.5434$HL2.1882@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net, "John S"
<johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:

> Not really wanting to start an old argument again but the CDMA technology
> gives better sound quality than does TDMA and it's derivitives (GSM).
Hardly. I've had both and must listen to Verizon users all day at work (we
use them as our cell provider) The worst sound quality goes to CDMA with
Verizon - very coarse and raspy at most times (esp. During high loads). GSM
by contrast sounds more natural and much better.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 2:30:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <yqwee.16155$_K.13674@fed1read03>,
"Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote:

> It could also have a lot to do with the customer's attitude when they
> contact Sprint CS.

Dream on. Spin away. Why would Sprint Customers have different attitudes
than Verizon or Cingular customers. Oh Wait, more billing problems, more
dropped calls, more coverage holes.

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > In article <TCuee.16148$_K.13704@fed1read03>,
> > "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Whenever I call Sprint I always get excellent customer service.
> >
> > Anecdotal evidence counts for nothing.
> >
> > Scientific surveys of many customers are a better measure. and by that
> > measure SprintPCS is always rated worst.
> >

> >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
May 6, 2005 2:30:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Jack,

What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
personal vendetta against Sprint?

> In article <yqwee.16155$_K.13674@fed1read03>,
> "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> It could also have a lot to do with the customer's attitude when they
>> contact Sprint CS.
>
> Dream on. Spin away. Why would Sprint Customers have different attitudes
> than Verizon or Cingular customers. Oh Wait, more billing problems, more
> dropped calls, more coverage holes.
>

>> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

>> > Anecdotal evidence counts for nothing.
>> >
>> > Scientific surveys of many customers are a better measure. and by that
>> > measure SprintPCS is always rated worst.

Anonymous
May 6, 2005 2:30:57 AM

Mij Adway wrote:

> What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
> personal vendetta against Sprint?

Yes to both. :)

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:50:40 PM

On Thu, 05 May 2005 21:44:45 -0400, SneakerFreak
<sneakerfreak@covad.net> wrote:

>On 5/4/05 9:53 AM, in article
>0t4ee.5434$HL2.1882@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net, "John S"
><johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Not really wanting to start an old argument again but the CDMA technology
>> gives better sound quality than does TDMA and it's derivitives (GSM).
>Hardly. I've had both and must listen to Verizon users all day at work (we
>use them as our cell provider) The worst sound quality goes to CDMA with
>Verizon - very coarse and raspy at most times (esp. During high loads). GSM
>by contrast sounds more natural and much better.

As someone said, it's subjective but that's the experience I have
always had in this area.

The other night I got a call at home from a client that was on a
Cingular Blackberry I believe. I knew his mobile number from the
caller id but I had to ask him if he was really calling from the
mobile because it was that clear listening on my landline.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 5:46:40 PM

In article <aspm711dne1ssaeni0gjat0itlrinsv4tu@4ax.com>, nospam@ptd.net
wrote:

> The other night I got a call at home from a client that was on a
> Cingular Blackberry I believe. I knew his mobile number from the
> caller id but I had to ask him if he was really calling from the
> mobile because it was that clear listening on my landline.

Ironically the clearest cell phone I ever had was a Sprint CDMA Treo
300, which I returned for a refund after 2 weeks. If it ever lost the
signal in a fringe zone (i.e. downtown New Haven, CT); it required a
reboot to find the Network again.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 6:21:51 PM

"Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Jack,
>
> What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
> personal vendetta against Sprint?

Phillipe/Jack/50 or so other aliases is a troll trying to stir up trouble.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 6:33:05 PM

> "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > Jack,
> >
> > What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
> > personal vendetta against Sprint?
>
> Phillipe/Jack/50 or so other aliases is a troll trying to stir up trouble.

You missed one character above John ... it's 150 aliases ...

Bob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 6:34:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <34Lee.6438$GQ5.1778@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:

> "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > Jack,
> >
> > What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
> > personal vendetta against Sprint?
>
> He is a troll trying to stir up trouble.

The last bastion of someone proved wrong on USENET is to call the
other person a Troll, when they have been proved wrong.

The ==FACT== remains that SprintPCS repeatedly by JD Power, Consumer
Reports, the Yankee Group and others has been rated WORST for Customer
Service.

Posting the TRUTH is hardly trolling, except as viewed by cellular
shills that can't handle the truth.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 6:44:33 PM

> In article <34Lee.6438$GQ5.1778@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote:
>

> > "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > > Jack,
> > >
> > > What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
> > > personal vendetta against Sprint?
> >
> > He is a troll trying to stir up trouble.
>

> The last bastion of someone proved wrong on USENET is to call the
> other person a Troll, when they have been proved wrong.
>
> The ==FACT== remains that SprintPCS repeatedly by JD Power, Consumer
> Reports, the Yankee Group and others has been rated WORST for Customer
> Service.
>
> Posting the TRUTH is hardly trolling, except as viewed by cellular
> shills that can't handle the truth.

What a hypocrite you are Phillipe. You are hardly the one to talk about
truth, when you've changed your identity so many times, to hide ... and get
around kill filters to spread your shinola. If you are so into the truth,
why don't you stay with the same id? Inquiring minds want to know ...

Bob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 7:04:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <lpLee.5967$V01.409@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

> What a hypocrite you are. You are hardly the one to talk about
> truth, Inquiring minds want to know ...

And your insults change the FACT that SPRINTPCS is rated worst for
Customer Service how?
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 7:17:47 PM

Jack Zwick wrote:
> In article <TCuee.16148$_K.13704@fed1read03>,
> "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote:
>

>>Whenever I call Sprint I always get excellent customer service.
>

> Anecdotal evidence counts for nothing.

Well then, the JD power reports count for nothing. Those reports are
based on customer experiences; anecdotal evidence.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
May 6, 2005 7:19:10 PM

Mij Adway wrote:
> Jack,
>
> What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
> personal vendetta against Sprint?

Mij, thank you for that observation. You are correct, Jack Zwick, aka
phillipe and a dozen other false identities, is indeed a troll with a
vendetta. I'm just glad you claim to the conclusion without any of us
saying it; it proves us right. :)

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
May 6, 2005 7:22:50 PM

Jack Zwick wrote:

>>http://www.jdpa.com/pdf/2004085.pdf
>>

>>Looks like your favorite source has proven you wrong.

> That is not a report on Customer Service.

Nice one. The facts are presented to you in black and white, and you
flatly deny its existence. Way to go troll. Are you and Comical Ali,
the former Iraq Information Minister, related by any chance?

By the way, you can click on various regions in the US in customers
service ratings on the JD power website, and you will find that Sprint
PCS is NOT consistenyl rated worst. In fact, NONE of the carriers have
a consistent worst rating. They all tend to fair, once the geographic
regions are compared against each other, about average: some rate best
in some palces, some rate worst in others.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
May 6, 2005 7:42:25 PM

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "John S" <johndsummers@teraearthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mij Adway" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> > Jack,
>> >
>> > What is your purpose in the group? Are you a Troll or do you have some
>> > personal vendetta against Sprint?
>>
>> Phillipe/Jack/50 or so other aliases is a troll trying to stir up
>> trouble.
>>
> You missed one character above John ... it's 150 aliases ...

oops, sorry about that!
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:29:29 PM

> In article <lpLee.5967$V01.409@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > What a hypocrite you are. You are hardly the one to talk about
> > truth, Inquiring minds want to know ...
>
> And your insults change the FACT that SPRINTPCS is rated worst for
> Customer Service how?

The truth about you hurts ... doesn't it Phillipe? Come on, fess up, be
truthful yourself for a change and tell us why you think it's necessary to
change your id so much ... and why you have such a hate and an agenda
against SPCS?

Did you work for them and get canned?

Bob
May 6, 2005 8:29:30 PM

Bob Smith wrote:
> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> And your insults change the FACT that SPRINTPCS is rated worst for
>> Customer Service how?
>
> The truth about you hurts ... doesn't it Phillipe? Come on, fess up,
> be truthful yourself for a change and tell us why you think it's
> necessary to change your id so much ... and why you have such a hate
> and an agenda against SPCS?
>
> Did you work for them and get canned?

Ya think? Seriously though, I don't wish anyone ill will, not even
Phillipe and company. But it would be nice if someone headed over to
alt.food.mcdonalds to at least warn them of what to expect.

--
Mike | A much wittier reply came to mind immediately
| after I clicked the 'Send' button.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:35:43 PM

In article <JXMee.4907$7F4.3000@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > In article <lpLee.5967$V01.409@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> > > What a hypocrite you are. You are hardly the one to talk about
> > > truth, Inquiring minds want to know ...
> >
> > And your insults change the FACT that SPRINTPCS is rated worst for
> > Customer Service how?
>
> The truth about you hurts

No, the TRUTH about SPTRINTPCS hurts a shill like you apparently:

J.D. Power EVERY Year rates SprintPCS worst for Customer Service. Sprint
must be doing something wrong.

- CSRs (on the "800" line) with strict handle time limits (6 minutes
average)

- CSRs with upsell quotas - must sell contracts, "Vision" or something

- CSRs that get downgraded if a call has to be escalated,
so they often refuse to do so. No one knows how to
activate "ReadyLink".

- Long hold times for phone calls - slightly better in 2005, still long.

- 24/7 phone support is History

- CSRs that tell you what they think you want to hear
to rush you off the phone.

- Serious grief in getting rebates for many people

- Internet connectivity deteriorating as its oversold.

- Secret "don't ask - Don't tell" policy of using cellphone
as modem.

- Secret Warranties - Recalls that you don't know about
unless you complain to the right person at
right time.

- Stores where firmware upgrades require leaving your phone all day,
and then often finding out nothing was done.

- Network changes causing loss of coverage used as excuse to sell you
new phone with new 2 year contract.

-- Selling off Towers to artificially bolster P/L statements.

=================

Back years ago when I signed up for Sprint, plans were less expensive,
phones were less expensive, no contract was required, you got FIMF,
and 24/7 phone support. Quality Nokia and Motorola phones. Now its
mainly poor reception Samsung phones, and overheating self-destroying
Sanyo phones. Today you can download 3 ringtones to a Sprint Sanyo 7300,
but a similarly priced GSM Motorola v400 will accept over 830. Sprint
promises to eliminate deadzones, many of which still exist 5 years later.

Bit by bit it's all deteriorated, and SprintPCS now richly deserves its
rating from J.D. Power of WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of the major carriers.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:45:44 PM

> In article <JXMee.4907$7F4.3000@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> > > And your insults change the FACT that SPRINTPCS is rated worst for
> > > Customer Service how?
> >
> > The truth about you hurts
>
> No, the TRUTH about SPTRINTPCS hurts a shill like you apparently:

<snipped>

So, avoiding the questions as usual Phillipe? I'm no shill for SPCS, as you
well know.

Why do you expect anyone to listen to you, what with your past! You talk
about honesty, yet you can't follow the same principles, just by making a
simple statement on why you have this agenda against SPCS or feel the need
to change your id sooooooooooo many times.

You harp on Christian values, and fail to follow any other them. There is
one word to describe you ... and that's "Hypocrite"

Fess up Phillipe. Tell us why ... truthfully. Otherwise, no one will believe
anything you say.

Bob.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:45:45 PM

Bob Smith wrote:

> You harp on Christian values,

I forget which one of the Ten Commandments says "Thou shalt not bear false
witness" but he'd do well to learn it.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 10:36:45 PM

In article <3e1mn0Fp9veU1@individual.net>,
"Tinman" <mlynch@REMOVEMEcitlink.net> wrote:

> Ya think? Seriously though, I don't wish anyone ill will, not even
> Phillipe and company. But it would be nice if someone headed over to
> alt.food.mcdonalds to at least warn them of what to expect.

Has Smith been collecting his SprintPCS payoffs there?
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 10:43:06 PM

> In article <3e1mn0Fp9veU1@individual.net>,
> "Tinman" <mlynch@REMOVEMEcitlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Ya think? Seriously though, I don't wish anyone ill will, not even
> > Phillipe and company. But it would be nice if someone headed over to
> > alt.food.mcdonalds to at least warn them of what to expect.
>
> Has Smith been collecting his SprintPCS payoffs there?

I am LMAO with this comment, considering your alleged Christian background
and the amount of lies that you spread around. Tell me, do you ever feel a
flinch every time you lie with these false allegations?

No ... I didn't think so.

Bob
!