Sign in with
Your question
Closed

DISPLAY CALIBRATION WIZARD nvidia

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 8, 2010 11:29:48 PM

Hey everyone, i have a 9600gt and I've never run the "display calibration wizard" software on the nvidia menu before.

today i accidentally clicked on the link, when adjusting settings for my games, and now im worried if it damages screen.

I clicked on the"display calibration wizard" link in the menu, and then it brought me to a black screen saying "ensure monitor has been on at least 20mins 1 hour reccomended before starting wizard".

when i went to the screen, I didnt click next, i clicked cancel, however did I damage the screen by even going there in the first place?

how does the thing even work?

thanks everybody
a b Î Nvidia
November 8, 2010 11:32:32 PM

it helps calibrate your screen by using the white/gray/black scale. you did not damage anything.
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
November 8, 2010 11:36:38 PM

Having not used that for years I can't believe they still have the CRT warning up! :lol: 
Score
Related resources
November 8, 2010 11:43:12 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Having not used that for years I can't believe they still have the CRT warning up! :lol: 

omg is that only for CRTs? i just upgraded to lcd, this month :D  . bit slow i know. and poor. :na: 

so does it damage lcd? why is the warning up in the first place? thanks! :) 

Oh, and also its Display Optimization Wizard not calibration :(  sorry for the rookie mistake (by the rookie :D  )
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
November 8, 2010 11:49:29 PM

aluminiumframe said:
omg is that only for CRTs? i just upgraded to lcd, this month :D  . bit slow i know. and poor. :na: 

so does it damage lcd? why is the warning up in the first place? thanks! :) 

Oh, and also its Display Optimization Wizard not calibration :(  sorry for the rookie mistake (by the rookie :D  )

You can use it on any kind of display but the warning pertains to CRT's and projectors as they have to warm up before the image settles down.
Score
November 9, 2010 12:25:16 AM

ah so my lcd is not damaged in any way...?? i hope anyway
Score

Best solution

a c 86 Î Nvidia
November 9, 2010 12:58:02 AM

The warmup time is applicable to an CCFL backlit LCD monitor too. The cold cathode fluorescent lamp requires time to reach full brightness, but in a much shorter time than required for an CRT display.

The warmup has nothing to do with causing damage. The warmup period is required to give a truer rendition of colors. If you didn't allow for warmup, and you ran the display optimization wizard when you just turned on your display, you will end up with the wrong color balance as the display warms up.
November 10, 2010 11:31:11 PM

Best answer selected by aluminiumframe.
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
November 11, 2010 2:30:36 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!