Sign in with
Your question

Can this system play WoW: Cataclysm on ultra settings?

Last response: in Systems
January 8, 2011 4:40:29 PM

Hello everyone :) 

Ive been reading many forums and articles on building a first PC and decided to finally post.

As I am about to buy the components needed for my budget gaming PC, I was wondering if it could handle world of warcraft: cataclysm on ultra high settings with a good amount of frames so I can raid smoothly. (Warcraft being the only game I play)

Currently I will be playing with my new PC on an 18inch monitor but will upgrade to a 24inch HD monitor. Just wondering if I could also play World of Warcraft on that size screen with good frames.

My PC Components:

Case: Cooler Master Haf922
Mobo: Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H
CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core at 3.2ghz
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD6850 1GB
Ram: 4GB DDR3 Patriot PC10600
PSU: Ultra LSP650 650-Watt Power Supply
Hard Drive: Western Digital 500GB, 7200rpm, 16MB, SATA
DVD drive: Samsung TS-H663B Internal DVD Writer

Thanks for your time!
a b Ý World of Warcraft
January 8, 2011 4:51:17 PM

What resolution do you intend to game at? Not a matter, so much, of screen size. Rather, it is a matter of how many pixels yo will crunch at a time. If your are playing at 1920X1080 or lower, you should be fine.
m
l
January 8, 2011 5:02:43 PM

Hey Sunfish,

You might want to look this over. I'm getting ready to build a system, mostly for WoW too, and I found it pretty helpful.

If you have done any reading on WoW and computer builds...it becomes pretty evident that your processor is the most important piece of hardware you will need for WoW. This performance guide will show you that.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/world-of-warcraft-c...

J
m
l
Related resources
January 8, 2011 5:34:05 PM

The GTX 460 looks good and the resolution would be 1920x1080.
m
l
!