defsam

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Approximate Purchase Date: this weekend or next week

Budget Range: 600-800 Canadian $

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, College computer works, video editing.

Parts Not Required: Already has Monitor 22" 1920x1080

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.ca

Country of Origin: Canada

Parts Preferences: because of value AMD is a good choice. want to run it on a gtx460

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: im putting os as a needed part too. and i know. AMD + SLI = rare, And Want to at least get a gtx 460.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tried this
867.jpg

total cost of 867 dollars with shipping :cry:

bikeracer4487

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I know AMD is traditionally associated with value since Intel has held the performance crown so long, but you should check out the Core i3 540 and/or 550, they can found on Newegg.ca for $119 and $135, respectively, so an budget Intel platform is now competitive with AMD and you may have more luck finding and SLI-capable system for future upgrades.

Something you didn't mention before though, is a case and preferred mobo form-factor. If you already have case you may be limited to micro ATX but I've always preferred full ATX for expandability.

defsam

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010

yeah i know about what case form factor i should take but budget wise i dont think im going to be getting a full tower yet ill probably get it at the same time as i get my 2nd gtx460 if possible.