Bad Quality & Windows 7

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 9, 2010 11:10:47 AM

Hi all,

Firstly here's my system spec:

Gigabyte EP43-DS3L
Inter Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz
8 GB if Rams
ATI HD 5830 (10-10_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl Driver - Ver 8.782.0.0 )
LG Flatron W2261VP Full HD
SkyStar 2 DVB-S PCI
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

==========

This is my first experience with Windows 7 and Ati products.
My problem appeared when I used my Tv Card (SkyStar 2 + Smartdvb ), the image was very bad whatever decoder or render I use. Then I updated Graphic card driver to that I mention above, and everything seems good. Now, suddenly every videos seems bad, I played around with everything I know like CCC or decoders options, but nothing changed, also I tried Restore system.

Note: This problem is not the same as before I installed new graphics card driver

Here's a picture maybe can be useful ( Look at logos and players faces, nothing clear )

More about : bad quality windows

November 9, 2010 1:21:02 PM

Have you tried different screen resolutions and refresh rates ?
m
l
November 9, 2010 1:50:26 PM

Quote:
resolutions

Nothing change

Quote:
refresh rates

Every time I change it, it return to 60 Hertz ... there's a force option, but it say maybe that will cause damage to hardware !

Thanks for response
m
l
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 9, 2010 2:03:48 PM

Try older driver like 10.3 or 10.4, that's the most stable driver for AMD cards...
And make sure the card is properly seated.
m
l
November 9, 2010 6:17:06 PM

wa1 said:
Try older driver like 10.3 or 10.4, that's the most stable driver for AMD cards...
And make sure the card is properly seated.

Same...

I'll format my system now, and forward step by step hopefully it work well
m
l
November 9, 2010 7:24:06 PM

I found in Win7 that my TV software was causing massive lag. I switched to media centre (I was willing to try anything) and everything has been fine since.
m
l
November 10, 2010 6:30:14 PM

Quote:
pay attention to each install and how the system reacts like java and other software packages.
let windows installer load the video drivers so keep your internet connection open.
try the graphics drivers windows installs first before you start changing them.

What really killing me, is that I managed to adjust that and image looked very clear as it was in XP, but everything blow away without touching or installing any program or video settings. And what complicate things now, FORMAT DIDN'T CHANGE ANTHING!

Note: The real problem is about lacking of details like people faces and logos, and that include all codecs ( XVID, H.264/AVC/x264/MPEG2 .... ), but games are okay

I'll try XP again, because I never try video card & monitor over XP, or it's a stupid idea

m
l
November 11, 2010 2:05:42 PM

I'm sorry to say it doesn't help either, I'm sure that the problem is not about codecs or rendering ... it something with monitor or video card

Thanks
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2010 5:36:42 PM

Go to the catalyst center and the video section basic quality put it in max and the pull down activated.
m
l
November 11, 2010 6:01:23 PM

Yes, K-Lite is my first option ... even HD channels and videos seems weird

@Giatrakis

Also tried that, I didn't leave any option in CCC

I'll test XP tonight to make sure it's about windows or hardware

m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2010 6:23:27 PM

Have you deactivate the color settings in the catalyst center? I have only the basic quality to max and I’ve seen much improvement.

The other think is your TV card to pci or a usb? the usb is using a channel to low pci is less worst.
m
l
November 13, 2010 12:00:30 PM

Here's some result:

- VMR9 is better than EVR by miles. Unfortunately VMR9 is not good with Windows 7, so I'm forced to use EVR

- Monitor is the main reason of the whole problem, not because it's bad, but all SD videos resolutions which are 720 x 576 PAL are low comparison with full HD monitors, even if I use low resolution

- I changed some options in CCC + I gave ATI Decoder first priority for MPEG2/TS videos, I gave CoreAvc first priority for AVC/h.264 videos

Problem partially solved, but I'm satisfied :) 

Thank you all
m
l
!