FrozenFigo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Hi all,

Firstly here's my system spec:

Gigabyte EP43-DS3L
Inter Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz
8 GB if Rams
ATI HD 5830 (10-10_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl Driver - Ver 8.782.0.0 )
LG Flatron W2261VP Full HD
SkyStar 2 DVB-S PCI
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

==========

This is my first experience with Windows 7 and Ati products.
My problem appeared when I used my Tv Card (SkyStar 2 + Smartdvb ), the image was very bad whatever decoder or render I use. Then I updated Graphic card driver to that I mention above, and everything seems good. Now, suddenly every videos seems bad, I played around with everything I know like CCC or decoders options, but nothing changed, also I tried Restore system.

Note: This problem is not the same as before I installed new graphics card driver

Here's a picture maybe can be useful ( Look at logos and players faces, nothing clear )

glowfoto

glowfoto

FrozenFigo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010

Same...

I'll format my system now, and forward step by step hopefully it work well

FrozenFigo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
pay attention to each install and how the system reacts like java and other software packages.
let windows installer load the video drivers so keep your internet connection open.
try the graphics drivers windows installs first before you start changing them.

What really killing me, is that I managed to adjust that and image looked very clear as it was in XP, but everything blow away without touching or installing any program or video settings. And what complicate things now, FORMAT DIDN'T CHANGE ANTHING!

Note: The real problem is about lacking of details like people faces and logos, and that include all codecs ( XVID, H.264/AVC/x264/MPEG2 .... ), but games are okay

I'll try XP again, because I never try video card & monitor over XP, or it's a stupid idea

FrozenFigo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Yes, K-Lite is my first option ... even HD channels and videos seems weird

@Giatrakis

Also tried that, I didn't leave any option in CCC

I'll test XP tonight to make sure it's about windows or hardware

G

Have you deactivate the color settings in the catalyst center? I have only the basic quality to max and I’ve seen much improvement.

The other think is your TV card to pci or a usb? the usb is using a channel to low pci is less worst.

FrozenFigo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Here's some result:

- VMR9 is better than EVR by miles. Unfortunately VMR9 is not good with Windows 7, so I'm forced to use EVR

- Monitor is the main reason of the whole problem, not because it's bad, but all SD videos resolutions which are 720 x 576 PAL are low comparison with full HD monitors, even if I use low resolution

- I changed some options in CCC + I gave ATI Decoder first priority for MPEG2/TS videos, I gave CoreAvc first priority for AVC/h.264 videos

Problem partially solved, but I'm satisfied :)

Thank you all