Wireless internet sharing

G

I have 2 laptops one has xp and the other has windows 7 installed. I had connected both of them wirelessly and had checked the allow internet sharing option on the laptop with windows 7. However we are still unable to access the internet on the xp laptop wirelessly. We have tried almost all possible options including firewall, Internet sharing and antivirus as well.
Please help as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance !

G

By internet sharing, do you mean Windows Internet Connection Sharing -- which is not needed if the computers each have wireless adapters which will connect directly with the router. In fact ICS will stop you connecting direct because it messes with the IP address. Disable it.

G

By internet sharing, do you mean Windows Internet Connection Sharing -- which is not needed if the computers each have wireless adapters which will connect directly with the router. In fact ICS will stop you connecting direct because it messes with the IP address. Disable it.

sry but i think u didnt get it right. what i m talking about is that"I m hving 2 laptops connected to each other via their inbuilt wireless adapter (1 hving XP amd 2nd hving WIN7). Now if i connect my WIN7 laptop to internet via dsl or anything else,
NOW i wanna use internet on my XP laptop through the pre-established wireless connection(ICS) between them."

G

Well, what you're proposing is that an existing adhoc connection via wireless between the two laptops should be adapted to include a connection to the router.

You won't be able to connect to the router wirelessly, because both computers' wireless adapters are engaged in the ad hoc connection. There may be a way by connecting one computer to the router by ethernet cable and trying to do ICS via wireless between the two computers. I don't know -- or at least it's not mentioned in Windows Help as far as I know.

But it does strike me you're trying to invent the wheel when a perfectly good one exists already. If you have a wireless router and two wireless equipped computers link them to the internet and to each other via the router. If the router doesn't have wireless, get one that does or add a wireless access point.

G

Well, what you're proposing is that an existing adhoc connection via wireless between the two laptops should be adapted to include a connection to the router.

You won't be able to connect to the router wirelessly, because both computers' wireless adapters are engaged in the ad hoc connection. There may be a way by connecting one computer to the router by ethernet cable and trying to do ICS via wireless between the two computers. I don't know -- or at least it's not mentioned in Windows Help as far as I know.

But it does strike me you're trying to invent the wheel when a perfectly good one exists already. If you have a wireless router and two wireless equipped computers link them to the internet and to each other via the router. If the router doesn't have wireless, get one that does or add a wireless access point.

Dude are u dumb???????
i hv told u that i am connected to internet with wired lan, then from where u are getting idea of wireless internet router???
i know it very well that "one system can be coupled with only one wireless network at a time" .

so pls try to solve my problem...............

G

And u.......try to make ur own way....
don't see what others are writing!!!
Have i mentioned that "i m using internet via wireless internet router"????
then from Where do u got the idea of it??

G

This isn't really the way to get people to help you is it ?

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010

I think this little tard should grow up, go find some help elsewhere buddy.