GPU for Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath

I'm building a system for my friend and I need help choosing a graphics card. His one and only concern is Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath. He wants to be able to play it at max settings at his current resolution of 1680x1050.

My price range for the GPU is $1-$70, but I might be able to go slightly higher if it's a really good idea. Nvidia or ATI, it doesn't matter. Neither has features that he will use, so I would go ATI instinctively, because they use less power and give off less heat, but I don't know.

I should also mention he cannot have a GPU that requires external power from the PSU, and he has a PCIEx16 slot. The PCIEx16 slot can fit newer cards, but I'd rather not get a expensive card that will bottleneck on his motherboard.

Thanks for any help!
3 answers Last reply
More about command conquer kane wrath
  1. On the Nvidia side I played C&C3 with a 8400M on a laptop, it was very smooth and very enjoyable! I later got a PC and stuck a 8600GT in it, and enjoyed great performance again. No external power supply connector in sight! I'd also say the GT 240 is worth a look for your friend, of course I'd only go for the DDR5 versions though.
  2. Best answer selected by Steffwiz.
  3. Thanks to both of you for the help! Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Command Prompt Graphics Product