slide show software

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 26, 2005 7:09:48 AM

Hi guys, I have been scanning old family pictures and we do have a very
large family. I want to add voice comments but all slide shows programs
that I have tried have an adjustable show time. What I mean the same period
of time for each slide. Having some family gathering pictures, I cannot
name everybody in the picture in 10 seconds so I need a program that the
time can be varied for each slide. I can write on the pictures, the name of
each person but then if anybody wanted to print those pictures it would ruin
them. Does anybody know of any program that the the type can be varied for
each and every slide in the show.

Thanks
Eric

More about : slide show software

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 7:09:49 AM

Windows" movie maker 2" free from Microsoft
Arthur

"Eric J. Comeau" <ejcomeau@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi guys, I have been scanning old family pictures and we do have a very
> large family. I want to add voice comments but all slide shows programs
> that I have tried have an adjustable show time. What I mean the same
period
> of time for each slide. Having some family gathering pictures, I cannot
> name everybody in the picture in 10 seconds so I need a program that the
> time can be varied for each slide. I can write on the pictures, the name
of
> each person but then if anybody wanted to print those pictures it would
ruin
> them. Does anybody know of any program that the the type can be varied
for
> each and every slide in the show.
>
> Thanks
> Eric

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 7:09:49 AM

and Irfanview - (donationware), and ...

I find it a little surprising that any image browser does not have this
facility - have you really checked the options..?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 8:35:08 AM

Eric J. Comeau wrote:

> Hi guys, I have been scanning old family pictures and we do have a very
> large family. I want to add voice comments but all slide shows programs
> that I have tried have an adjustable show time. What I mean the same period
> of time for each slide. Having some family gathering pictures, I cannot
> name everybody in the picture in 10 seconds so I need a program that the
> time can be varied for each slide. I can write on the pictures, the name of
> each person but then if anybody wanted to print those pictures it would ruin
> them. Does anybody know of any program that the the type can be varied for
> each and every slide in the show.
>
> Thanks
> Eric

Hi Eric...

Respectfully suggest that ProShow Gold meets your requirements;
and far, far more.

Take care.

Ken
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 8:11:54 PM

"Eric J. Comeau" <ejcomeau@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in news:gKEJd.218599
$Np3.9174060@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

> so I need a program that the
> time can be varied for each slide.

You can do this with freeware MyAlbum

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/myalbum/

--
Onno Voors
Anonymous

If you have a Mac, the iPhoto and iMovie work quite well on this. Imovie is
especially nice for adding transitions and titles (yes, with different
typefaces and effects). You can also add a soundtrack - either music or
narration. I think there are a few that come with the PC but I haven't used
my PC much for image or video work...mainly just use it to "proof" finished
projects for platform compatibility.
One word of warning - start right out with the iLife upgrade or there will
be hell to pay later.

On 1/25/05 11:35 PM, in article g_FJd.174747$Xk.35451@pd7tw3no, "Ken
Weitzel" <kweitzel@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Eric J. Comeau wrote:
>
>> Hi guys, I have been scanning old family pictures and we do have a very
>> large family. I want to add voice comments but all slide shows programs
>> that I have tried have an adjustable show time. What I mean the same period
>> of time for each slide. Having some family gathering pictures, I cannot
>> name everybody in the picture in 10 seconds so I need a program that the
>> time can be varied for each slide. I can write on the pictures, the name of
>> each person but then if anybody wanted to print those pictures it would ruin
>> them. Does anybody know of any program that the the type can be varied for
>> each and every slide in the show.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Eric
>

> Hi Eric...
>
> Respectfully suggest that ProShow Gold meets your requirements;
> and far, far more.
>
> Take care.
>
> Ken

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 2:58:21 PM

In article <gKEJd.218599$Np3.9174060@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, "Eric J.
Comeau" <ejcomeau@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hi guys, I have been scanning old family pictures and we do have a very
> large family. I want to add voice comments but all slide shows programs
> that I have tried have an adjustable show time. What I mean the same period
> of time for each slide. Having some family gathering pictures, I cannot
> name everybody in the picture in 10 seconds so I need a program that the
> time can be varied for each slide. I can write on the pictures, the name of
> each person but then if anybody wanted to print those pictures it would ruin
> them. Does anybody know of any program that the the type can be varied for
> each and every slide in the show.
>
> Thanks
> Eric

My old version of iView Media had this capability and I ASSUME the new
one, iView Media 2 ($50), does too. It has a number of other useful
features as well. I also had the need to vary the time of viewing from one
slide to another. It filled the bill very nicely.

I've since gone on to their "pro" version ($$$).

Take a peek:

http://www.iview-multimedia.com/products/index.php

ron - whose only association with iView Multimedia Ltd. is that of a
satisfied user of it's products.
February 2, 2005 10:16:09 PM

There are two methods to do your job:

First, you can use the photo slide show software "Photo2DVD Studio 3"
on http://www.photo-to-dvd.com to make your slide shows, even burn them
onto your VCD/DVD discs, each slide's duration and the transition
duration can be controlled respectively, the longest time is 60 seconds
for every slide. In fact, much more functions may help you a lot in
this application.

Second, you can also integrate the photos into PowerPoint at first,
then use the "PowerPoint2DVD" software for specific settings, not only
control each slide duration by every motion, but also insert background
music for each motion each slide, even record your narration for live
description! You can get the details from
http://www.powerpoint-to-dvd.com

Hope these help!
!