PC Build

Hello, I am on a budget, what is the first piece of hardware I should buy?
3 answers Last reply
More about build
  1. We'll have to have much more info to help you out.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice

Copy and paste that into a reply to this thread and fill in the info as it pertains to you and then we can get started.
  2. I would buy no pieces until you have the money on hand for the entire build.....prices are volatile, by the time you buy the last piece, the piece you 1st bought will be much lower in price or you'll find a better component is available.....finally, a lot of the parts you buy will be out of the "hardware revision A" which means all the bugaboos have been eliminated, more mature firmware, etc.
  3. JackNaylorPE said:
    I would buy no pieces until you have the money on hand for the entire build.....prices are volatile, by the time you buy the last piece, the piece you 1st bought will be much lower in price or you'll find a better component is available.....finally, a lot of the parts you buy will be out of the "hardware revision A" which means all the bugaboos have been eliminated, more mature firmware, etc.

+1...I agree! Also if you buy all at the same time then you don't have to worry if the part you bought 6 Months ago is still in warranttee should you have problems with your build. :ouch:
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Hardware Build Systems