Sign in with
Your question

Second gtx 480 not recognized

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 9, 2010 8:55:05 PM

i just installed my gtx 480's on a banrd new system, custom built with an asus p6x58d-e motherboard, the first card is recognized the second is not when i go under device manager it says standard VGA graphics adaptor... i have not put the sli bridge on yet... and it wont run a monitor...

More about : gtx 480 recognized

a b U Graphics card
November 9, 2010 9:21:39 PM

Try updating the motherboard bios.

Do you have a big enough PSU, though I don't think thats the problem, or the behavior that would result, just curious.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 9, 2010 9:26:39 PM

what happens if you try to boot with it in the primary slot alone? Or if you try to reinstall drivers?
m
l
Related resources
November 9, 2010 11:35:09 PM

ok so i dont know how to update bios my psu is 1000w and do you want me to take out my first gtx480 and replace with the second by itself and see what happens?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 9, 2010 11:45:53 PM

Yep, that will help identify (or rule out) if the second card or the PSU is the problem.
m
l
November 9, 2010 11:47:05 PM

truesony said:
ok so i dont know how to update bios my psu is 1000w and do you want me to take out my first gtx480 and replace with the second by itself and see what happens?

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=gFBKfNyhppW9tDbB

Go here and get your bios and just follow the instructions. Try booting your pc with each card but individually and make sure they run normally before running with both. That way you can rule out an immediate RMA before you waste a lot more of your time.
m
l
!