Sign in with
Your question

Anyone successfully using William Latham's Organic Art with windows 7?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 9, 2010 9:21:29 PM

Hello.

Is anyone using Organic Art Deluxe successfully with Windows 7?
a b $ Windows 7
November 9, 2010 11:41:11 PM

I am intrested in this as well.
m
l
November 20, 2010 7:10:14 PM

It appears that Organic Art Deluxe is a 16 bit Active x program - anyone know how to port such a thing to work in 32 bit Windows 7?
m
l
Related resources
January 25, 2011 10:46:42 AM

dumbek said:
It appears that Organic Art Deluxe is a 16 bit Active x program - anyone know how to port such a thing to work in 32 bit Windows 7?

I've just got it working in win 7 ultimate. All I did was copy D3DRM.DLL from the installation CD and pasted it into C/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32. Make sure it is in uppercase or OAD won't pick it up. Also check that the D3DRM.INF is in the inf folder in windows and it should work.
m
l
February 1, 2011 3:59:38 PM

Hello and thanks for that. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I'm using Windows 7 Home Edition, but that shouldn't make any difference. What resolution are you running your monitor at and should that make a difference? Thanks in advance to any and all who may be able to provide assistance.

Cheers!
m
l
February 2, 2011 5:57:29 PM

Hi

My screen is 1920 x 1080 and I'm running an AMD 760G intergrated graphics card, nothing fancy. Have you tried copying the installation CD to C:\ and running setup from there and or right clicking on setup.exe and run it compatability mode. Has your Win version a program files (x86) folder as this is where OAD has been installed on my system. I think I read somewhere that the ultimate version will run just about any old program but the home version will only run win 7 programs, not sure about this.
m
l
!