Anyone successfully using William Latham's Organic Art with windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyme

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011

I've just got it working in win 7 ultimate. All I did was copy D3DRM.DLL from the installation CD and pasted it into C/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32. Make sure it is in uppercase or OAD won't pick it up. Also check that the D3DRM.INF is in the inf folder in windows and it should work.

dumbek

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Hello and thanks for that. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I'm using Windows 7 Home Edition, but that shouldn't make any difference. What resolution are you running your monitor at and should that make a difference? Thanks in advance to any and all who may be able to provide assistance.

Cheers!

onlyme

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
Hi

My screen is 1920 x 1080 and I'm running an AMD 760G intergrated graphics card, nothing fancy. Have you tried copying the installation CD to C:\ and running setup from there and or right clicking on setup.exe and run it compatability mode. Has your Win version a program files (x86) folder as this is where OAD has been installed on my system. I think I read somewhere that the ultimate version will run just about any old program but the home version will only run win 7 programs, not sure about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.