Windows 7 to iMac printing

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
My iMac is connected to the Airport wireless router which sends the wireless signal to a Win 7 PC. The iMac is hardwired to the printer

I have another Mac that is connected wirelessly and I intuitively setup file and printer sharing.

But I am having problem getting my Window 7 computer to see the iMac that is hardwired to the wireless Airport router and the printer.

I would like to view files on the iMac and use the printer with the Windows 7 computer.

Any thoughts?

G

From my limited experience of wireless printing it was necessary to have the right driver for the printer installed on the client computer (your Win 7 PC).

Once you add Mac vs PC to the mix, things may get more complex.

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Following the instruction on my printers website (Brother), it says to go to Devices and Printers and select Add a Printer. Going here I select Add a Printer then "The Printer that I want isn't listed". Then "Select a shared printer by name". and I get a list of the computers that are on my home network. So I choose the iMac that is the main one being that the printer is hardwired to it and also the wireless router.

But Windows asks me for a Network Password. So I try the password that I use for my Administer login but that does not work. I don't use another password that I know of. I try the network password which is different but that does not work either.

Not very intuitive.

G

Try turning off wireless security temporarily and see if that makes any difference.

Make sure Windows (and any added program's) firewall is off until the connection is established.

TRENDING THREADS