Sign in with
Your question

Wireless Network Problems

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 14, 2010 12:06:01 AM

I tried to follow the various instructions on the web for Securing my DI-264 Network; but I think I messed up somehow !!! It is still not Secure and it wont "talk "to me anymore; I can't get it to accept a password even !!!
September 14, 2010 12:21:15 AM

reset the router and start over
m
l
September 14, 2010 9:51:22 AM

rmgard said:
I tried to follow the various instructions on the web for Securing my DI-264 Network; but I think I messed up somehow !!! It is still not Secure and it wont "talk "to me anymore; I can't get it to accept a password even !!!

It sounds like a problem with your router. I thought a firmware upgrade would fix your problem, but it looks like you're already on the latest firmware.

Does your laptop have a 802.11g card in it? If so, double-check that the D-Link router is configured for ""g only"" and not ""mixed mode"". That will make better use of the available bandwidth. One other possibility might be to turn off security if you're using it. You could probably get by with MAC address filtering to keep people from free-loading on your internet connection.

Of course if all this fails I recommend you get a new router. Personally I despise the D-Link routers. I'd recommend a Linksys WRT54GL if you want something high quality at a decent price. You can pick one up for $40-$60.

m
l
September 15, 2010 11:29:35 PM

my guess..you tried changing the credentials of the network from a wireless computer and after you applied the settings you got the problem of 'not talking'...clear the preferred networks or previously saved networks list and try reconnecting to the w/l with the password that you set...but i'm just contemplating you did something similar...
m
l
!