Alienadonia
a Cyborg planet.
The planet's tidal forces
ripped our ship apart, before
we could get away.
We exploded with : 106%
hull damage.
<<<-------->>>>>>

The above ship was a Lizard ship and should not have blew up until taking
150%
damage... anyone seen this before and have an explanation?

Thanks in advance

Ed
9 answers Last reply
More about ship question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Op 2005-03-15, edsvga schreef <host@battlestarcommand.com>:
    > Anyone seen this before?
    >
    ><<<<<Ship Message>>>>
    >==================
    > LLC 256
    > has been destroyed by
    > the defense systems on
    > Alienadonia
    > a Cyborg planet.
    > The planet's tidal forces
    > ripped our ship apart, before
    > we could get away.
    > We exploded with : 106%
    > hull damage.
    ><<<-------->>>>>>
    >
    > The above ship was a Lizard ship and should not have blew up until taking
    > 150%
    > damage... anyone seen this before and have an explanation?

    The ship killed the planet and won the fight. But the ship itself got
    damaged beyond 100% damage. Lizard ships can only sustain up to 150%
    damage until the fight ends. Any ship - including Lizard - that has
    100% or more damage at the end of a fight will explode. It might be
    able to enter an immediately following fight, but I'm not sure of
    that. In any case after all fights have been fought the ship dies.

    "The question of whether computers can think is like the question of
    whether submarines can swim." - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    A Lizard ship can survive in deep space with over 100% damage but not
    in orbit of a planet. It must repair itself in deep space to less than
    100% damage or it'll be ripped apart when it tries to orbit a planet.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    A Lizard ship can survive in deep space with over 100% damage but not
    in orbit of a planet. It must repair itself in deep space to less than

    100% damage or it'll be ripped apart when it tries to orbit a planet.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Maurits van Rees wrote:

    >The ship killed the planet and won the fight. But the ship itself got
    >damaged beyond 100% damage. Lizard ships can only sustain up to 150%
    >damage until the fight ends. Any ship - including Lizard - that has
    >100% or more damage at the end of a fight will explode.
    No. It happens only if they fight a planet. A Lizard ship can get >99%
    damage againts a ship and survive.
    --
    There are 11 type of people in the world.
    Those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who are.

    Ed,

    Planets gravity got it... not the fight.

    ][

    "edsvga" <host@battlestarcommand.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone seen this before?
    >
    > <<<<<Ship Message>>>>
    > ==================
    > LLC 256
    > has been destroyed by
    > the defense systems on
    > Alienadonia
    > a Cyborg planet.
    > The planet's tidal forces
    > ripped our ship apart, before
    > we could get away.
    > We exploded with : 106%
    > hull damage.
    > <<<-------->>>>>>
    >
    > The above ship was a Lizard ship and should not have blew up until taking
    > 150%
    > damage... anyone seen this before and have an explanation?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Ed

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Akseli and Donovan are right. I still learn something new about this
    game almost every day.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    On 16 Mar 2005 00:19:32 -0800, DougCar99@yahoo.com wrote:

    >A Lizard ship can survive in deep space with over 100% damage but not
    >in orbit of a planet. It must repair itself in deep space to less than
    >100% damage or it'll be ripped apart when it tries to orbit a planet.

    Actually, I think (not sure if I remember correctly) a Lizard ship can
    orbit a planet with > 100% damage, it just cannot end a battle with a
    planet with > 100% damage.

    The tidal wave destruction thingy is part of the ship vs planet
    combat, not of the regular hostrun.
    Donovan
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    DougCar99@yahoo.com wrote:

    >A Lizard ship can survive in deep space with over 100% damage but not
    >in orbit of a planet.
    Not true, orbiting a planet means nothing. It's only when it fights againts
    a planet.
    --
    There are 11 type of people in the world.
    Those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who are.
    www.akseli.net/~akseli/vgap
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Hi Akseli,

    Akseli Mäki <newsgroups@akseli.net> wrote in
    >>The ship killed the planet and won the fight. But the ship itself got
    >>damaged beyond 100% damage. Lizard ships can only sustain up to 150%
    >>damage until the fight ends. Any ship - including Lizard - that has
    >>100% or more damage at the end of a fight will explode.
    > No. It happens only if they fight a planet. A Lizard ship can get >99%
    > damage againts a ship and survive.

    You both are right.

    THost and PHost handle the 150% damage limit of the Lizard race different.

    Maurits talks of PHost behavior, Akseli, Donovan and others of THost
    behavior.

    cu Thomas

Video Games