Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

NVIDIA Geforce FX5600 For Graphics Cards - IntelR) G33/G31 Express Chipset Famil

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2010 2:40:01 AM

Hello,how i can download NVIDIA Geforce FX5600 Graphics Cards drivers for IntelR) G33/G31 Express Chipset
a b Î Nvidia
a c 171 U Graphics card
November 10, 2010 3:25:36 AM

? You wouldn't/can't. The FX5600 is a very old AGP video card. It isn't found on the G33/G31 boards, nor can you run it on one seeing as they would have a PCIe slot if they have a slot at all. Make sure you have a slot, and then buy a new PCIe video card.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 172 U Graphics card
November 10, 2010 11:30:25 AM

4745454b said:
? You wouldn't/can't. The FX5600 is a very old AGP video card. It isn't found on the G33/G31 boards, nor can you run it on one seeing as they would have a PCIe slot if they have a slot at all. Make sure you have a slot, and then buy a new PCIe video card.


Actually there were a small few that do turn up time to time that were produced as a pci-e card with an on pcb agp to pic-e bridge that was later used on the 6800 series as a mcm package next to the gpu. Driver wise support doesn't exist all though there was only one driver package that was for vista that added basic support for the Geforce5 gen. It is best to purchase a new card regardless of economy.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a c 171 U Graphics card
November 10, 2010 1:27:33 PM

? I never saw any 5 series cards on PCIe. And if there were, I would assume they would be the later 5700/5950 cards. Any linkage? I'd love seeing crap ideas.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2010 2:12:55 PM

The latest release from Nvidia that supports the FX series cards would be:

For VISTA and Win7 Forceware release 95 version 96.85 ---- HERE - for VISTA

For XP would be 175.19 --- HERE (Note this set of drivers is known to break windows remote desktop - problem was fixed in version 177.83 but that does not support the FX series cards so the latest version without the problem is v 174.74 ( download here )


m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 172 U Graphics card
November 10, 2010 7:03:09 PM

4745454b said:
? I never saw any 5 series cards on PCIe. And if there were, I would assume they would be the later 5700/5950 cards. Any linkage? I'd love seeing crap ideas.


You must not be that very active, I see them on eBay all the time and on google search you will find them there as well. Nivida only produced them for they at the time pci-e had first came out they didn't have a native pci-e card. In short they made a bridge.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 171 U Graphics card
November 11, 2010 12:19:08 AM

But those were the 6 series cards that used the bridge chip. I just did a web and ebay search and didn't come up with any either. I've seen 6600GTs and 6800GTs on both AGP and PCIe, but I've never seen a crap 5 series on PCIe. If anyone has any linkage I'd love to see it.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2010 12:38:28 AM

According to the WIKI :

Quote:
The GeForce FX line moved to PCI Express in early 2004 with a number of models, including the PCX 5300, PCX 5750, PCX 5900 and PCX 5950. These cards were largely the same as their AGP predecessors with similar model numbers. To operate on the PCIe bus, an AGP-to-PCIe "HSI bridge" chip on the video card converted the PCIe signals into AGP signals for the GPU.


BUt no mention of the 5600 !
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 171 U Graphics card
November 11, 2010 3:19:29 AM

Thank you JD fan. Now that I see those model numbers I do remember those cards. As I said, I would they would use the newer second gen cards like the 5700 and 5950 rather then the first gen 5600/5800.

Nforce, when I went through Ebay I found Nvidia has a modern day card named the Quadro 5600. Your first link is to an unknown to me quadro card, so I probably skipped it in my search. I thought all 5200 based PCIe cards were named the 5300, but your second link shows that to be wrong sort of. OEM and overseas seems to have called it 5200 as well. (love the price on that btw, only $2,900. But tax in included!) Your other links showed a 5700/5750 and a 6200 which isn't even a 5 series card. So again, no PCIe 5600, but the 5 series did exist on PCIe. (which I remembered as soon as I saw the model numbers that JD fan wrote down. Can't believe I forgot.)
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 172 U Graphics card
November 11, 2010 12:06:24 PM

4745454b said:
Thank you JD fan. Now that I see those model numbers I do remember those cards. As I said, I would they would use the newer second gen cards like the 5700 and 5950 rather then the first gen 5600/5800.

Nforce, when I went through Ebay I found Nvidia has a modern day card named the Quadro 5600. Your first link is to an unknown to me quadro card, so I probably skipped it in my search. I thought all 5200 based PCIe cards were named the 5300, but your second link shows that to be wrong sort of. OEM and overseas seems to have called it 5200 as well. (love the price on that btw, only $2,900. But tax in included!) Your other links showed a 5700/5750 and a 6200 which isn't even a 5 series card. So again, no PCIe 5600, but the 5 series did exist on PCIe. (which I remembered as soon as I saw the model numbers that JD fan wrote down. Can't believe I forgot.)


Idiot you only looked at the first pick well any way they did a lot of odd things back in those days.
m
0
l
!