Windows 7 installation hangs on GIGABYTE\'s GA-970A UD3

vvorobey

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I tried to install Windows 7 number of times. Every time I deleted partitions and formatted HD.
Every time the installation goes though license agreement and hangs up on different point.

I run Windows memory diagnostic tool, no problem found.
Any help is really appreciated.
All stuff I've bought is brand new.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE\'s GA-970A UD3

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

Processor: AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4100WMGUSBX

HD: OCZ Solid 3 SLD3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC

plokert

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I've had that problem. This is what I do when I'm doing a new install. (Note...I'm not an expert. lol)

Format the HD. Shut down and power off system. Disconnect my other hard drives. Run the install disk. After install reconnect my other drives.

There were times when I've had to repeat the whole process 3 or 4 times for it to finally work.

Let it "hang" for a looong time. I've let it hang...went to the store..came back and it was ready for the next process.

Kinda silly but needs to be said>>> Make sure the dvd is clean.

Sry I can't help any more than that.

vvorobey

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

Thank you for the suggestions. Before loading Windows I disconected all devices but videocard and one hard drive. The problem persists. I will try your advise and wait for a long time.

plokert

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Don't know if ya got it working yet but there were to other problems/solutions I did in the past.

1 - I had a bad win7 dvd.

2 - I switched my hard drives and found the one I was attempting to use was bad.

I wish I could be more helpful but good luck

PS.. speaking of BIOS. reset the bios to its default or optimized setting before attempting the install. You can always go back and adjust bios to your preferences later.

vvorobey

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

Already tried, no difference.
Just now tried another motherboard, ASUS, the same. All started to pint to the processor, but I am not sure

TRENDING THREADS