Sign in with
Your question

BIOSTAR A880G+ Replacement - No Boot

Last response: in Motherboards
December 9, 2011 3:07:50 PM

Hi, i recently replaced my mobo with a new BIOSTAR A880G+. When ever i boot it up it gives me this screen:

When I run with default values, it shows the temperature readings of my system, and then the display goes out. Everything seems to be running in the case, but nothing was being projected through the monitor. Whenever I enter bios and change some settings, or just even enter and save exit out of bio, the display goes out like previously. Another weird thing is whenever I want to get the the screen as shown in the image above, I need to reseat my video card which is a pain in the butt.

Here are my specs.

Mobo: BIOSTAR A880G+
CPU: AMD Phenom II x555 BE
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100282XTREME Radeon HD 5850 Xtreme 1GB
PSU: 500w Coolermaster

Another thing, initially when i put everything together for the first time and booted it up it went smoothly. But later, it turned off. I booted it up again, and attempted to install the bios, and it shut off again. I looked into the case and felt that the cpu was heating up like crazy and i notice the fan on the heatsink was not running. SO i ran it again and see what was up with the fan it seemed to run for awhile then at max speed then stops spinning. After that, the computer shuts off. Later, while i have no clue how, the fan runs normally, but im stuck at the options about the picture link above.
December 9, 2011 3:13:58 PM

oboetoke said:
Hi, i recently replaced my mobo with a new BIOSTAR A880G+. When ever i boot it up it gives me this screen:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/815/20111208225746.jpg/

When I run with default values, it shows the temperature readings of my system, and then the display goes out. Everything seems to be running in the case, but nothing was being projected through the monitor. Whenever I enter bios and change some settings, or just even enter and save exit out of bio, the display goes out like previously. Another weird thing is whenever I want to get the the screen as shown in the image above, I need to reseat my video card which is a pain in the butt.

Here are my specs.

Mobo: BIOSTAR A880G+
CPU: AMD Phenom II x555 BE
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100282XTREME Radeon HD 5850 Xtreme 1GB
PSU: 500w Coolermaster

Another thing, initially when i put everything together for the first time and booted it up it went smoothly. But later, it turned off. I booted it up again, and attempted to install the bios, and it shut off again. I looked into the case and felt that the cpu was heating up like crazy and i notice the fan on the heatsink was not running. SO i ran it again and see what was up with the fan it seemed to run for awhile then at max speed then stops spinning. After that, the computer shuts off. Later, while i have no clue how, the fan runs normally, but im stuck at the options about the picture link above.

December 9, 2011 3:37:40 PM

The screenshot says that CMOS battery is low. Looks like you just need to replace the battery. The CMOS battery provides the power needed save BIOS settings. Without it, BIOS settings are not stable, which I'm guessing affects various clock frequencies, which in turn is causing strange temperature behavior. The BIOS is designed to shut off when thermal thresholds are exceeded, which would explain why the system shuts itself off. Just a theory.

If the board really is bad and you're looking for a replacement, I suggest the Asrock 880GM-LE. I recently built a system with this board and it's a very solid board.
!