Sign in with
Your question

Newegg case weight..

Last response: in Components
April 4, 2011 5:13:21 AM

So i ordered a power supply, a dvd drive/hard drive and computer case.. and well i got the tracking number via email saying my order has shipped, but it only shows the 3 items and not the case, and i got billed for the case to.... the tracking number is 9.40 pounds..there's just no way that can be right is it? most cases way over that o.o and its got other stuff to

More about : newegg case weight

April 4, 2011 6:13:05 AM

Newegg purchases can come from different warehouses and occasionally are shipped as segments because of size, weight, or extra packing reqirements.
In this case I would suspect different warehouses.
In my exerience (Connecticut) computer cases ship from New Jersey, motherboards from Tennisee, memory from California (usually).
If you check your account at newegg for progress you will find three items shipped, ie have left the factory and been received at a shipping terminal.
You will find the case has been picked, labeled and is either on truck or loading dock. Or one facility is much slower handling paper work than another is.
Worst case I ordered some memory and it reached a warehouse and never left. Admittedly a small package, when I filed a claim the carrier "found" it.
I believe newegg charges for items after packing but does not list shipped until the carrier accepts possession, or something like that.
m
l
April 4, 2011 1:48:08 PM

i live in NY tho and my 3 out of 4 items are shipping from nj and already shipped o.O
m
l
Related resources
April 5, 2011 2:49:17 AM

Yes. And the case may be coming from California, or Tennisee, not all products instock at all locations.
Contact cutomer service, usually works.
m
l
a c 288 ) Power supply
April 5, 2011 2:53:22 AM

When i bought my system everything except the case shipped from NJ, the next day the case left CA, its not unusual for the case to be a separate package from the small stuff as its not going to share a box so it will end up with a different tracking number.
m
l
April 5, 2011 3:08:57 AM

apparantly the case i bought was broke so they had to wait a day to get another one, i guess someone tripped with some boxes according to newegg o.O
m
l
April 5, 2011 3:26:33 PM

S happens, sorry man. That ole impatient feeling..
m
l
!