Help me choose please

Tagerrr

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Alright, 2 guy's are selling computers locally on craigslist both are still for sale and I want to know which is the better deal, the best bang for my buck.
My old PC crashed and right now I'm not looking for something big but just something that will last me and I can upgrade later on in the future and can run my current steam games; CSS, Killing Floor, Gmod, etc things like that so basically a PC I can run as a mediocre mid-range gaming rig as well.

Which do you think is a better deal and can run what I want ?

PC 1
$350
the author didnt give me to much of a description but I saw the PC in person and it seems to run great

hp pavillon desktop
360 gb hard drive
4gb ram
amd athlon(tM) 64 x 2 dual core processor 5000 + 2.60ghz
did not say the video card either but I am currently not worried because the one from my old PC will be the one I'm using

PC 2
$250

author was a lot more descriptive

HP Desktop Computer includes:
- HP 17” LCD Monitor
- HP Pavilion a1330n
- HP Keyboard & Mouse

System Specs -

• Windows XP SP3 w/ Windows 7 Layout
• 250 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Athlon 64 3800+ Processor
• 2.0 GB Memory
• Radeon HD 4350
• 16X DVD Burner
• 16X DVD Drive
• 7 USB ports / Firewire / Ethernet / SD Card + Memory Stick Slots
-I emailed him about the MOBO it has a Asus a8ae-le

Installed Software -

• Microsoft Office 2007, 2003
• Photoshop CS2
• Grand Theft Auto 4
• Call Of Duty 4
• The Sims 3
• Civilization 4
• Other Games and Software (optional)

so which do you think is the better deal ? At the moment I'm feeling PC 2 but the fist PC has a better processor doesnt it ? Sorry if this thread is sounding noobish I'm computer illiterate

Tagerrr

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010

Wow! Some bargains there I'm glad I asked here before I bought one of those.

kitaware

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
HP, like many OEM companies, will not always be everyone's preference in making a purchase decision, (such builders don't use top quality parts for example), I understand that....but HP at least has much better pricing at the outlet side compared to Dell, (and even better than Tiger Direct/CompUSA)...

...and many people complain about HP's customer service so here's the link to the user forum for help...
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/

One of the benefits of the i-series of CPUs is that they run very cool (at least my i7-860 does, running VERY quietly too)...which suggests long-life...

Good luck...