1st build. i7 2600k/2 570s Gaming PC. PSU/Keyboard/mouse Suggestions

gc_sama

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
So Ive recently gotten tired of console graphics in general(sold my 360 S, still got my ps3 for exclusives though) and decided to build my first gaming PC! :bounce:

Here are the parts Ive ordered so far(prices include shipping):

i7 2600K- Newegg-329

Asus P8P67 Pro-Newegg-197.87

G.Skill Ripjaw 4GB(2x2GB) @1333 CAS 7- Newegg-54.99

2 GTX 570s- 460.00- found a deal here on toms :sol:

Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM -Newegg- 69.99

Lite-On DVD Drive-Newegg-19.99

HAF X-179.99 Newegg sale

PSU-???

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM-Newegg-99.99

ASUS VE247H Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD HDMI LED BackLight-Newegg-169.99

Total:1555.81

I plan on getting a 200mm fan for intake for the side of the NZXT Phantom for even better cooling.

Couple questions- I have a standard keyboard and wireless mouse, but what are some good gaming keyboards/mice that you all use?

What PSU do you recommend for my build? I prefer 80 plus Gold, but I will consider 80 plus silver as well.

Anyone's thoughts would be much appreciated :)

Solution
Razer makes top tier gaming mice/keyboards. I personally prefer my Microsoft Sidewinder. I'm not sure if you can still buy the older version that comes with weights but if you can it'd be my suggestion. It's the only mouse I've ever found that has two Vertical side buttons. It prevents any accidental clicking that occurs frequently with horizontal mounted buttons. You do lose some responsiveness this way as you have to move your thumb from one button to the other, but I still like the fact I never ever misclick. Stay away from the Steelseries keyboards. Bought one on my last build and it lasted all of 2 months before it just died.

gc_sama

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011

yep 460 for both. And it was sent priority mail today :sol: I found it randomly looking at threads and this guy talked about his sale thats posted in the deals section. Of course many wanted them but no one was willing to pay as quickly as i was. I couldnt let the deal pass me by, 230 per 570? :heink: yes please lol

Yea i was thinking the same thing on the PSU. What PSUs would you recommend?

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Razer makes top tier gaming mice/keyboards. I personally prefer my Microsoft Sidewinder. I'm not sure if you can still buy the older version that comes with weights but if you can it'd be my suggestion. It's the only mouse I've ever found that has two Vertical side buttons. It prevents any accidental clicking that occurs frequently with horizontal mounted buttons. You do lose some responsiveness this way as you have to move your thumb from one button to the other, but I still like the fact I never ever misclick. Stay away from the Steelseries keyboards. Bought one on my last build and it lasted all of 2 months before it just died.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS