Ok. So this is probably way too premature but I have little time to act. I am an expat yank living overseas. Someone is coming to visit me in a little over a week from the U.S. Where I am (Hungary) it will probably be months before Sandy Bridge gets here and it will be very overpriced. So I am tempted to get two parts now without knowing the specifics of the other parts. Specifically, the Sandy Bridge parts.
These are the two parts I was thinking of buying (without knowing the rest of the build):
I would like to make a high end gaming system to last a long time. So I went with what looks to be the best currently on offer.
Thoughts for the rest of the build:
1. I know little about overclocking but would be inclined to try it.
2. I would like to be able to have two video cards so SLI/Crossfire would be good
3. I would like a soundcard and optical drive, SSD for the boot and a large (1TB) normal drive and a good power source.
4. A full tower chassis is fine
5. For RAM, I was thinking at least 8 GB, but more like 12 to 16.
But my main question is, should I get those two parts now? Are they good/safe choices to end up with a very good machine? Is there anything in the "details" that may be a problem?
I'd like to order it in about 12 hours (depending on the feedback I get here). So any help is much appreciated.