Sign in with
Your question
Closed

BullDozers vs Sandy Bridge I7's

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 4, 2011 11:38:23 AM

Wondering... seen some leaked benchmarcks.... the Bulldozer cores seem to just dominate the Sandy Bridge cores from intel. Now my question is Should i wait for the Bulldozers and upgrade my desktop on release or buy an I7 laptop instead???

There is (if the benchmarks that have been leaked) a stupidly big void that intel will no doubt try and fill.

My Specs:
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula 890FX
AMD Phenom II x6 t1100 BE @4ghz oc
8gb Gskill DDR3 ram @2000mhz oc
2x XFX readon 6990 Black Editions
2x 4tb Seagate Barracuda sata 3 hdd
Creative x-FI Titanium
NZXT Phantom Case
Scythe Big Shrukien

EDIT: im building a set up for my sister... Intel Core i3 540 oc @4.4ghz do i water cool or air cool that cpu??
a b à CPUs
April 4, 2011 12:34:59 PM

The consensus is that most of the leaked benchmarks are false.

Also, ditch the Titanium, and get a good soundcard from ASUS, HT Omega, or Auzentech instead.
April 4, 2011 12:43:33 PM

Yeah the bulldozer chips will be slower than sandy bridge and probably more expensive too. The only company Intel is competing with is itself at this point...
Related resources
a c 133 à CPUs
April 4, 2011 12:50:59 PM

Go with the I7 I doubt Bulldozer will beat them in any way. Rumors are it will be as fast as the first generation I7's.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 4, 2011 1:06:32 PM

il no doubt go and get the Zambezi core when its release this month.. unless it been postponed again lol just to try them out and go for an I5 2500k instead of the sandy bridge I7... more cost effective, and shall be selling my desktop setup at somepoint anyway.. had an offer for it for £350... quite rightly told the dude to get on his bike -.-

still question remains... will i find an aircooler powerful enough to cool the old I3 540 over clocked to 4.4ghz??
April 4, 2011 1:18:24 PM

I guess not, Temps would be soaring at air cooling, Get a good Water Cooling kit

But why go for the Sandy i3, you could get i5's instead
April 4, 2011 5:52:38 PM

Ten98 said:
Yeah the bulldozer chips will be slower than sandy bridge and probably more expensive too. The only company Intel is competing with is itself at this point...

And you would know this how?

I can guarantee you this: at launch there will be different benchmarks that show each product being faster than the other and everyone will continue to argue.

Buy what gives you the best performance for the best price at the time you are making your decision.

All other discussions will degrade into fanboys flinging insults back and forth based on not having any real information.

And, fyi, none of the BD benchmarks to date have been from AMD, so I would not put any faith in them.
a b à CPUs
April 4, 2011 7:32:05 PM

Quote:
Wondering... seen some leaked benchmarcks.... the Bulldozer cores seem to just dominate the Sandy Bridge cores from intel. Now my question is Should i wait for the Bulldozers and upgrade my desktop on release or buy an I7 laptop instead???

There is (if the benchmarks that have been leaked) a stupidly big void that intel will no doubt try and fill.

My Specs:
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula 890FX
AMD Phenom II x6 t1100 BE @4ghz oc
8gb Gskill DDR3 ram @2000mhz oc
2x XFX readon 6990 Black Editions
2x 4tb Seagate Barracuda sata 3 hdd
Creative x-FI Titanium
NZXT Phantom Case
Scythe Big Shrukien

EDIT: im building a set up for my sister... Intel Core i3 540 oc @4.4ghz do i water cool or air cool that cpu??

Wow... your system is bottlenecked at the CPU (even at 4GHz). Two 6990s on a Phenom II X6 platform? Completely overkill.

That having been said... I wouldn't take any of the benchmarks "leaked" as fact. Perhaps wait a bit to see how things pan out?
a c 108 à CPUs
April 4, 2011 7:56:07 PM

I thinkin' this thread is a belated ...

troll meant to jerk some chains (unless the OP wants to 'out' some of those leaked benchies)
a b à CPUs
April 4, 2011 7:57:27 PM

I love watching a bunch of fanboys argue about something they have no actual facts about.

My Daddy can beat up your Daddy!

April 5, 2011 12:34:47 AM

Yeah, I have facts and even I know that arguing is pointless. Just not worth it because unless you can publish them people won't listen. Let's all wait until launch.
a c 95 à CPUs
April 5, 2011 12:47:27 AM

This topic has been closed by 4ryan6
!