Sign in with
Your question

Budget AMD Gaming Build - Need Advice

Last response: in Systems
January 9, 2011 8:07:33 PM

Heya folks,

Im trying to price up a new budget AMD gaming system and would be really grateful for some advice and recommendations as I tend to get carried away when pricing things up myself and blow past my budget before I realise it.

Approximate Purchase Date: Mid Feb

Budget Range: £600-900 (the lower the better)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming(MMOs and singleplayer)/Surfing/streaming programs and movies.

Parts Not Required: Speakers, OS, (would need a new mouse and keyboard)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Ebuyer, Aria, Scan, Amazon uk

Country of Origin: UK - England

Parts Preferences: While It is a budget system I am dead set on having it all in a NZXT Phantom Black Enthusiast Full Tower Case

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Either and maybe

Monitor Resolution: im not really sure which is best im currently using a monitor with 1280x1024

Additional Comments:
Looking at 4GB DDR 3 maybe 8 if can be got cheap enough
Also maybe a non stock cpu cooler that dosent block Dimm sockets would be nice.
Also is onboard sound better then say creative card sound?
I have a slight bias GPU wise to Nvidia cards but have used AMD/ATI ones in the past. Also I know having a monitor in the build is gonna cut what could be used for other parts but still need one.

Thanks All

Evergence
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
January 9, 2011 9:44:31 PM

Hi evergence and welcome to Tom's forum.

What is important for you? Performance or lifespan, because with that budget you can build an Intel Sandy rig.
Related resources
January 9, 2011 10:22:03 PM

I'd prefer performance really, lifespans great but I like not having to worry about game requirements.
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
January 9, 2011 10:28:00 PM

Ok, I'd go with Sandy build. Give me some minutes to build something for you.
January 10, 2011 8:38:55 AM

Thats pretty looking good...overclockers just finished a sale for 4gbs of corsair xms 3 for£35 damn I shoulda got some xD

some of the costs have changed which is weird since its only been a night but its only £15 or so I havent factored in delivery from all those websites either since not all of them have the whole list.
!