star map editor

I am looking for an editor for the vgap star map. I play mostly locally,
and just want to vary the game a bit. Can anyone help?

Thanx in advance
6 answers Last reply
More about star editor
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Personally I use Bigbang for my local games. Just like those spiral
    universes.
    If you cant find it drop me a mail, remember I had to ask Frederik Arbeiter
    (who wrote it) because the copy I found was stale.

    Cheers,
    Jose
    "Mark" <santa5462@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    wMI_d.24415$OU1.17269@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
    >I am looking for an editor for the vgap star map. I play mostly locally,
    >and just want to vary the game a bit. Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanx in advance

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    * Mark <santa5462@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > I am looking for an editor for the vgap star map. I play mostly
    > locally, and just want to vary the game a bit. Can anyone help?

    - Map Wizard (MW)
    http://www.i.com.ua/~goroh/mw
    - VGA Planets AltMap Generator (VPAG)
    ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/msdos/games/vgaplanets/util/maputil/
    - ImapGen
    http://imapgen.debox.de/
    http://www.feltes.net/vpl_imapgen.html

    And maybe:
    - AMaster
    http://www.geocities.com/the_vagabund/tools/#amaster
    - PlanMap II v2.11
    ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/msdos/games/vgaplanets/util/mswindows/plmap211.arj
    - OverLord
    http://www.geocities.com/the_vagabund/tools/#overlord

    NEW_MAP is a little bit problematic. Sometimes, two planets are
    located at the same location.

    Regards, Heiko
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Use MapWizard.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Do any of these editors take a bmp/gif/jpg of the map so it can be posted on
    a webpage?

    Thanks
    ][

    "Mark" <santa5462@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am looking for an editor for the vgap star map. I play mostly locally,
    >and just want to vary the game a bit. Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanx in advance
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Thannks all, d/l'ed map wizard looks good.

    "Heiko Schlenker" <hschlen@gmx.de> wrote in message
    >* Mark <santa5462@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for an editor for the vgap star map. I play mostly
    >> locally, and just want to vary the game a bit. Can anyone help?
    >
    > - Map Wizard (MW)
    > http://www.i.com.ua/~goroh/mw
    > - VGA Planets AltMap Generator (VPAG)
    > ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/msdos/games/vgaplanets/util/maputil/
    > - ImapGen
    > http://imapgen.debox.de/
    > http://www.feltes.net/vpl_imapgen.html
    >
    > And maybe:
    > - AMaster
    > http://www.geocities.com/the_vagabund/tools/#amaster
    > - PlanMap II v2.11
    >
    > ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/msdos/games/vgaplanets/util/mswindows/plmap211.arj
    > - OverLord
    > http://www.geocities.com/the_vagabund/tools/#overlord
    >
    > NEW_MAP is a little bit problematic. Sometimes, two planets are
    > located at the same location.
    >
    > Regards, Heiko

  6. Hi,

    "Bigbang" has moved a lot from site to site through the internet in the recent years. It can now be found at

    http://www.f-arbe.de/asgaard/bigbang/index.html

    Cheers, Frederik.

Games VGA Video Games