Monitor calibration

Last response: in Digital Camera
a b C Monitor
January 26, 2005 11:02:33 PM

Hi,

I was wondering whether to calibrate a monitor some special piece of
hardware is required or is there some software to do it?
Thanks
Alex

More about : monitor calibration

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 26, 2005 11:02:34 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:02:33 +1100, Alex Gitlits wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether to calibrate a monitor some special piece of
> hardware is required or is there some software to do it?

Have a look here:

http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html

--
John Bean

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes (E. W. Dijkstra)
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 26, 2005 11:02:34 PM

Adobe has the Gamma Applet.
It is not very accurate.
You really need a profiling device and preferably a CRT monitor.
Using color management with a calibrated monitor, an imaging program that is
correctly set up, and a printer with drivers that are well written for color
management (there is a great difference between printer brands in how well
they implement color management; my personal peeve is with Canon: their
protocols cripple what could otherwise be excellent printers) the quality of
your first print attempt of a particular image should improve. There is a
learning curve but once you get it the process is not that difficult.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 26, 2005 11:43:12 PM

Some help here http://www.jasc.com/support/kb/articles/monitor.asp