P8P67 PRO, Bios and Windows won't stay on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

78oldscutlass

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Hi there,

My specs are:
Intel i5 2500k
Corsair 1333 2gig X4 (QVL type)
Cooler Master 212+
Powercolor ATI 6870
OCZ 600W P.S.
Windows 7, 64 bit

Basically, If I boot down my computer and reboot 6 hours later, the clock in bios and windows is 6 hours behind. I flashed bios with the latest one from Asus website. Have not replaced the battery on the mobo yet, but the mobo always holds my settings without problems (O.C., boot priority, ETC). Is there anything else that I can check?

FYI, this is my second motherboard in a month. Literally put it back together a few days ago (Clean Install of windows) and had this problem since. First motherboard I got had 2 dead RAM slots. Is this one bad a well?

Solution
I don't really know anything else that you can try to fix the time thing.

I guess if nobody else can think of something to do and if you care enough then go ahead and send the second board back.

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Sounds like a CMOS battery problem to me. Great thing that they are usually easy to replace (But rather expensive too...For a battery. Mine costs around £5 if I go with my respected saler-person.). Is this MB, by chance, second hand? Those batteries should last a few years atleast.

78oldscutlass

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011

Motherboard is brand new (RMA my first through Newegg under there 30 day replacement policy). Ill try a battery tomorow

Build date on this 2nd mobo is 9/22/11

There are programs in windows that synchronize the time with the international time, can you just use those?

Also, I have heard that the computer sometimes shuts down the clock first when the battery is weak. I guess even if it is a new battery it could have come with some sort of defect leaving it weak from the outset.

- Edit -

Click the time on the system tray.
Select Change date and time setting
Click Internet Time
Change setting.
Select Synchronize...

If Synchronize is already selected - this may be the problem and you might want to deselect it or select a different time server. You can check by manually changing the time and then clicking the Update now to see if the time changes.

Exactly what type of motherboard is this we are talking about?

I think it would be quite rare to get two in a row that were both bad.

Did you say that the problem only started once you installed Windows 7 on the 2nd board, or did it exist before you installed Windows 7 on it?

78oldscutlass

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011

Its an Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131771

Basically, I installed the board (even followed the directions), booted into bios, set time and settings, and loaded Win7 64 bit (1 hour period from start to finish). Noticed it as soon as I started installing my programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.