Would appreciate a fast reply on this one, guys.
I have a PC with a DG35EC mobo, C2Q Q6600 2.4GHZ processor, 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, 500GB Seagate HDD, running on 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate. The PSU is a Prime Source Tech AX-400S with +3.3V - 30.0A, +5V - 28.0A, +12V1 - 14.0A, +12V2 - 16.0A, -12V - 0.5A, +5VSB - 2.5A. I have now brought a XFX HD 4670 1GB DDR3 card (had a 8500GT before which worked great). My PC refuses to recognize the card and boots up straight to Win7 using onboard graphics. After being through many sites and forums, it seems that voltage might be the problem but have also read that PSUs of 350w (with a collective amperage of 18 on two 12v rails) are able to run the card with not much of a problem and I am assuming that my PSU should be more than enough to power the GPU with 30A (12V1 + 12V2), which is just not happening. Any help would be appreciated as I am planning to return the card tomorrow! Thanks
* Post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation!!!
* Share personal information, like your email address. Identify theft is real.
* Bump posts, claim "first!"
* Hijack a topic. Stick to the original conversation.
* Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection