Sign in with
Your question

WIndows 7 problem

Last response: in Systems
January 9, 2011 11:59:22 PM

I don't know whether this is a OS problem, or a Hardware problem, But I was surfing the web earlier today when my system crashed to a blue screen of a problem has been detected etc.
The problem name was "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

So i tried booting regularly again , same thing. Then I booted into safe-mode successfully. Did a system restore to the windows update I had from today, restored successfully. Ran windows normally, open up the OS and got to Desktop, then I tried to go down and open Anti-virus. Did that and the system blue screened again. Ran safe mode again, It runs stable until I begin opening up services in Control Panel. Blue screens again. I have no idea what the problem is. Anyone have any ideas?

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965x4 @3.4
Motherboard: Asus M4A79XTD EVO
PSU: Kingwin 700watt
Graphics: Asus 5770
Memory: Patriot 4gb(2x 2gb) 1600
HD: WD 500g Black

Just Tried Running Safe mode again, can't get in it without blue screen.

Also, I have been having problems with my Graphics card earlier, but thought I had fixed it. I' will be throwing in a different card, to see if that was the problem

If this happens to be a virus, it was probably from a patch I had just downloaded and opened prior to the first crash.

Thanks for the help

EDT: Tested another graphics card and same problem were occurring. I'm just going to re-install the OS after cleaning the harddrive. Man I hate this crap

More about : windows problem

a b B Homebuilt system
January 10, 2011 12:39:29 AM

Test our RAM with memtest86+ or test the rig with another RAM.
m
l
January 10, 2011 12:49:34 AM

Would mem really be a problem? I've been running the system for a year without a hiccup, and tested mem after the build and it was fine.
m
l
January 10, 2011 3:08:05 AM

I reinstalled Windows 7 from the disk. All the problems are fixed, so it wasn't a hardware error. Usually I do this every year, because somewhere along the line registry and drivers get corrupted on me, and make a massive knot. But now comes the long process of re-installing everything....

Thanks for the help
m
l
!