Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets,comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine (More info?)

Hi,

Trying to install winplan 3.52 with wine. The copy process works
fine. After that, in the installation process, status is copying BMPs,
and a error message "illegal function call" occurs.

At the beginning, i had another error; ddeml.dll was missing. So i
copied that of my xp installation to its proper destination. Wrong
version? Other problem? Any hints?

kr
Chris

--
Das ist uebrigens nicht wahr und ganz gemein. Die
demoskopische Hauptzielgruppe von "Focus" sind Maenner

Christian H. Kuhn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to install winplan 3.52 with wine. The copy process works
> fine. After that, in the installation process, status is copying BMPs,
> and a error message "illegal function call" occurs.
>
> At the beginning, i had another error; ddeml.dll was missing. So i
> copied that of my xp installation to its proper destination. Wrong
> version? Other problem? Any hints?
>
> kr
> Chris

Winplan? Is that the program for VGA Planets? I have an older version
somewhere (haven't played for years. I thought it was all V.4 now. May
try again and report.) Perhaps the ddem.dll problem is fixed and you have a
different problem. I had a BMP problem under Wine with another program,
and was told that the OLE part is under active development at the moment.
Earlier releases of Wine worked better.

Doug.
--
ICQ Number 178748389. Registered Linux User No. 277548.
Here lies one who meant well, tried a little, failed much:-

* Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@myaccess.com.au> wrote:

> I thought it was all V.4 now.

No. VGA Planets4 is supposed to be a different game -- when it is
finished.

Regards, Heiko

> I used PCC with Linux+Wine, which worked fine, although
> animations are a little bit slow.

Those you can turn off for speed? ;)

Sascha Rambeaud schrieb:

>> I used PCC with Linux+Wine, which worked fine, although animations are
>> a little bit slow.
>
> Those you can turn off for speed? ;)

Yes, of course. But you have to get there first and I tend to use autologon ;)

Krischan

Christian Georg Becker wrote:
> Sascha Rambeaud schrieb:
>>> I used PCC with Linux+Wine, which worked fine, although animations
>>> are a little bit slow.
>>
>> Those you can turn off for speed? ;)
>
> Yes, of course. But you have to get there first and I tend to use
> autologon ;)

Autologon? PCC does animations in Wine? Did anyone release a version
without telling me? My PCC only does unpack and maketurn in Wine.
pts/0@royale:~> wine cc /c
:)

Stefan

Stefan Reuther schrieb:
> Christian Georg Becker wrote:

>>>Those you can turn off for speed? ;)
>>
>>Yes, of course. But you have to get there first and I tend to use
>>autologon ;)
>

> Autologon? PCC does animations in Wine? Did anyone release a version
> without telling me? My PCC only does unpack and maketurn in Wine.
> pts/0@royale:~> wine cc /c

Pfff. You are using it the wrong way. Erm ;)

Now, if I remember correctly it might have been dosemu? Only came once into
the situation to have to use my DOS-PCC with Linux.

Krischan

Christian Georg Becker wrote:
> Stefan Reuther schrieb:
>> Autologon? PCC does animations in Wine? Did anyone release a version
>> without telling me? My PCC only does unpack and maketurn in Wine.
>> pts/0@royale:~> wine cc /c
>
> Pfff. You are using it the wrong way. Erm ;)
>
> Now, if I remember correctly it might have been dosemu? Only came once
> into the situation to have to use my DOS-PCC with Linux.

Yup, DOSEMU of course :) That's how I play 50% of my turns.

Stefan