my computer upstairs doesnt seem to be picking up the wireless but the laptop does
More about :isnt computer upstairs picking wireless laptop
September 14, 2010 2:04:23 PM
Is the router downstairs ? Is the laptop downstairs ? Really, we're not psychic !
Meanwhile.......you should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.