Sign in with
Your question

Http://www tomshardware com/forum/28508-43-windows-bluetooth-dongle

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 14, 2010 2:44:48 PM

My Palm TX synchronization problem (9/14/10)
What I’d like to do: HotSync my Palm’s calendar/contact/notes program with my desktop computer’s Microsoft Outlook 2010.
My Computer setup: I have a Palm TX (which has WiFi & Bluetooth) and a new Windows 7 (64-bit) desktop computer (attached to a Linksys wireless router).
What I’ve done: I tried to Hot-Synch the Palm & the computer via WiFi. A message on the Palm indicates that synchronization has occurred. However, no information is transferred. For example, if I entered ‘go to dentist’ at 3pm September 14, 2010 in the calendar of either the Palm or the computer, after synchronization I do not see the entry transferred to the other device.
Note1: From what I’ve read on the Palm support website, USB is not supported on Windows 7 64-bit. I confirmed this when I attached my Palm TX via USB cable. The compute said it did not support the device, that there was no driver for it.
Note2: It seems that my two devices MIGHT link up via Bluetooth, however I'm not eager to go out and buy a bluetooth dongle for the computer and get involved with another process until I'm sure that WiFi won't work.

Related resources
!