Sign in with
Your question

Asus p6x58d-e won\'t post

Last response: in CPUs
April 4, 2011 9:23:03 PM

I am building a new system Asus motherboard P6x58d-e, intel i7 970 cpu, 12gb G.skill memory also tried 6gb of corsair dominator Model TR3X6G1600C8D
Corsair cmpsu-850TX power supply, two hard drives 1 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB 10000 RPM and 2 seagate 2TB. Nvidia quarto 4000 video card. The problem is it does not boot up the fans and hard drives are spinnng mem led is on, no beeps on speaker. When mem switch is pushed led goes out system shuts off and comes back on with light on and no beeps on speaker. got 2nd motherboard P6x58d-e no boot, no beep on speaker mem led is on, when switch is pushed led stays on nothing happens. Have assembled both boards out of case, with different memory and different video cards. Any help would be appreciated

More about : asus p6x58d post

a c 127 à CPUs
April 5, 2011 4:35:20 AM

Well it could be the one rarest thing in the world to happen.

Have you tried your CPU? Its rare but I have seen a few DOA CPUs.

Because if two of the same mobos and two sets of RAM don't post, then something else is bad. Have you also tried posting it with just the CPU, RAM and GPU?

Still, sounds like the CPU is probably bad.
m
l
April 5, 2011 2:05:24 PM

Thanks for your reply. No, I have not tried posting it with just the CPU, RAM and GPU, I will try that tonight Thanks again for the input
m
l
April 12, 2011 12:17:14 AM

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I tried posting it with just the CPU, RAM and GPU, nothing. After six days Asus replied, saying it must the cpu. A friend said he thought it was still the motherboard. After that I wasn't sure what to do. Being the lessor of two costs I ordered another motherboard. Now its up and I am loading windows7
What are the odds of having 2 bad mbs? Contacted Newegg to return 2 bad boards
Thanks for your help
m
l
!