1st gaming build plz help

Amit26695

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Hey guys..
I am rebuilding my a PC and it is for d 1st time m doing it myself..Really want the help of u guys..

I need a CPU,MOBO,GPU,RAM and HDD
This is what I have decided..

CPU-AMD Athlon II X3 445

MOTHERBOARD-MSI 785GM-E65 or Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H

RAM-Corsair DDR-III Memory 4GB [2 x 2 GB] 1333Mhz

Graphics Card-ATI Radeon HD 5770 512MB (please sugest a good vendor in India)

Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB

My main purpose is gaming(GTA IV,Prince of Pers,COD,Crysis,NFS Shift Assassins Creed)web browsing and movies
Will i get playable FPS
Since m a 10th student so budget is very tight
Thanx in advance 4 ur help

^ The build looks good, but what Power supply will you be using ? It is very important that you dont go for a low quality PSU as you will be using a discrete card like HD 5770,...

HD 5770 Manufacturers - XFX, Sapphire, MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS, Powercolor are all good and available in India, so get the one that is cheaper and has good warranty,...

^ I am not sure how good is that PSU, never heard of it,...
I again stress the fact that for a PC with a discrete card, you should have a good quality PSU, else it would result in these -
- bad 3D performance
- crashing games
- spontaneous reset or imminent shutdown of the PC
- freezing during gameplay
- PSU overload can cause it to break down

So spending so much on other parts and skimping on the main part that drives the PC will not be a logical thing to do,...

You could do this - Drop to a single 2GB RAM stick for now, then get a GTS 450, it is also a very good graphics card, so with the money saved, get a better PSU
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-radeon-hd-6870-geforce-gtx-570,2834-3.html

^ Yes like he said, the above boards will support the X3,...
If you want to save some money, then see if you are getting ASRock or Biostar boards, they are also decent boards and should do fine for your usage,... Get either the AMD 770 or 785G or 880G chipset boards, which ever are cheaper,...