opening / dismantling vaio laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Does anyone know how to open a vaio laptop. I have a GR 314 MP, I
have taken out all the screws I can find but the top still seems
extremely well attached to the bottom!
Thanks
Harry

harrylopes@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi Does anyone know how to open a vaio laptop. I have a GR 314 MP, I
> have taken out all the screws I can find but the top still seems
> extremely well attached to the bottom!
> Thanks
> Harry

Try posting here: http://pub173.ezboard.com/bunofficialsony

Many Vaio laptops have a strip above the keyboard next to the hinges
containing the power key and speakers. Move this trip 1/2 inch to the
left and very carefully lift out to prevent damage to ribbon cables.
There might be a retaining screw on the left margin of this strip that
is removed first. This exposes a keyboard retaining screw. The
keyboard lifts out to the front, again carefully to prevent damage to
the ribbon cable.

Before doing any of this, remove the battery and the AC adapter and all
peripheral devices.

It is not very easy to open up a viao latop...the screws are in an
awkward position aswell as the strips...

Whats the issue you are having on the GR? Theres one rubber plug and
screw that holds the power panel on rear of the keyboard.. Be careful
with the ribbon cables though...