Shooting Aspect 16:9

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
January 26, 2005 10:00:35 AM

Now that I have a largescreen HDTV I would like to display my photos on this
screen in the best way. I would like to batch process my photos into 16:9
format but when I do this the results are not acceptable. Apparently when I
originally framed the photos using the 4:3 viewfinder I included important
content that gets cut off when cropping to 16:9.

Has anyone got a good procedure for making this conversion?

I am thinking of buying a Fuji Finepix F810 just for its support of 16:9 but
is this overkill? Are there any other cameras that have a 16:9 viewfinder or
rear screen?

Is there any good way to frame 16:9 using a 4:3 viewfinder?

Thanks for any help!

Evad

More about : shooting aspect

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 7:17:18 AM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:00:35 -0700, Evad <evad@dodgeit.com> wrote:

> Now that I have a largescreen HDTV I would like to display my photos on this
> screen in the best way. I would like to batch process my photos into 16:9
> format but when I do this the results are not acceptable. Apparently when I
> originally framed the photos using the 4:3 viewfinder I included important
> content that gets cut off when cropping to 16:9.
>
> Has anyone got a good procedure for making this conversion?
>
> I am thinking of buying a Fuji Finepix F810 just for its support of 16:9 but
> is this overkill? Are there any other cameras that have a 16:9 viewfinder or
> rear screen?

Unless you crop them manually, I cannot necessarily see how you can get
what you want converting normal images to widescreen.

I just got a Panasonic DMC-FZ3 tonight which seems to be a fantastic
camera, f2.8 throughout its 12x zoom (plus 4x digital zoom for 48x).
Li-Ion rechargable battery. I tested it tonight from 1/2 block away in
its "Night Scenery" mode from a tripod, which looks realistic. It has
optical stabilization, but may not help much in the dark when exposures
are measured in seconds.

Besides regular images up to 3 megapixels, it has an HDTV mode that
displays 16:9 on its LCD screen or viewfinder and saves them as 1920x1080
(unaltered TIFF, or fine, normal JPEG).
!