Solved

Help With Build Upgrade

First just some background info.

Price range: not really a price range just reasonable and what will work.

What i have now: I have a new TX650W Corsair power supply, and a new GIGABYTE GV-N470SO-13I GeForce GTX 470, two 120mm fans on outside, and one 500GB hardrive the rest i want to replace (CPU, Motherboard maybe other stuff)

What I think will work and want but now sure (long title much): AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor and a ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard, and i was wondering if this will work with what i have now.

Other: I dont really care about sound just not too loud

Any suggestions and if this build will work and if I should get better or have to get a little lower quality.

Thank you,
Majicman20 (Max)
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help build upgrade
  1. Best answer
    It will be fine. 800 series chipset, USB 3.0, SATA 6, dual PCIe 16x slots for a second GTX 470 later... You will be happy! Even happier with a little overclock to 3.8 - 4.0GHz and an aftermarket CPU cooler (Hyper 212).
  2. Fill out the form in the sticky, link in my sig.

What's this PC being used for?

Also, we need at least a budget range. Reasonable can be anywhere from $300 to $1500 depending upon who you ask.
  3. will be use d for mostly gemming and and surfing and watching videos on internet and maybe video rendering and editing later on and for cost 300 to 400 for both just stay a little cheap

and to sadams04 do you have any rec emendations like brands and ect.
  4. I am an ASUS fan and think the MB you originally listed would be fine. If you are wanting a "full PC build" recommendation, then fill out the form and post here. You will get several varations from different people... Be sure to include any local stores along with web sites for places to buy from (I.E. Microcenter). Being realistic on your budget will get you the best results on a recommendation. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice
  5. ok thank you both
  6. Best answer selected by mjicman20.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems