Suggest me a suitable Graphic card

chaitu0505

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Hello, This is Chaitanya.I am a Graphic designer(work with AE, 3Ds max). I want to upgrade my PC with a graphic card that can run my softwares well. So please suggest me with a best suitable graphic card for my system configuration.

AMD athelon 64bit 5200 processor.
Gigabyte MotherBoard,(GA-MA78GM-S2H).
RAM- 2GB(I will upgrade if needed)

Agree with maziar, you want the fastest CPU/RAM you can get, video card is secondary.

For pro work with that system you should look at either nVidia Quadro NVS models or ATI Crossfire. The lower end of those would work OK as your system without a full upgrade won't need a faster card.

chaitu0505

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Thanks a lot for ur concern Maziar.
but a doubt, In a some article I read that a combination of low-end processor and a high-end graphic card would give best pest performance, isn't that correct?

Not necessarily because programs like 3D max need a combination of powerful CPU and VGA.

For professional 2D and 3D work your best option is a Quadro however they are not cheap but the quality of drivers and support make it all worth. Don't let my poor grammar throw you off. Don't fall for a cheap FireGL as their poor driver support make them an option only as a last resort. Performance in this area comes second and quality knowing that the job is going to get done reliably is what counts.