I have 2 rams both DDR2. But I cant run them both simultaneously?

vibhashchadnra2010

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
1 is of symtronics 2gb DDR2 and the other one is dynet 1gb DDR2. When I first ran them they were running good. But after sometime it was showing me error memory mismatch. When I googled it I found that I need to change something in the bios to make it work. Any help on how to run them both?
I already checked my 1gb ram is running perfectly alone.

Solution
Even if they are different speeds, the computer will often fix itself by setting both speeds equal to the slowest one.

How long was this working before it stopped working?

The problem is more likely just that the RAM sticks aren't all the way in or that the Symtronics is a bad stick.

Try downloading MemTest86 and making a bootable CD out of the image file they give you (dont just copy the .iso file to the CD, you need something that deconstructs the ISO and copies what is inside of it to the CD. "Free ISO Burner" can do this.

Then run the test for like 8+ hours.

kenshin333

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
properly its two different speeds, ie one is proberly 800mhz and the other is 667mhz, so its not compatible. to be sure, try the 2gb alone. once it works, the rams are different speeds. hope this helps

Even if they are different speeds, the computer will often fix itself by setting both speeds equal to the slowest one.

How long was this working before it stopped working?

The problem is more likely just that the RAM sticks aren't all the way in or that the Symtronics is a bad stick.

Try downloading MemTest86 and making a bootable CD out of the image file they give you (dont just copy the .iso file to the CD, you need something that deconstructs the ISO and copies what is inside of it to the CD. "Free ISO Burner" can do this.

Then run the test for like 8+ hours.

Solution

vibhashchadnra2010

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011

Just change some settings in bios & viola they started working together. Thanxx anyway. And sorry for the late reply.