Sign in with
Your question

to all you win xp users

Last response: in Windows XP
November 17, 2001 10:21:59 PM

does win xp have that pasword prompt that 2000 and nt have or is more like a boot up and your ready to go like 98?

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

More about : win users

November 17, 2001 11:13:17 PM

it can be either, depending on how you set it.

Hey Baby, I'll install YOUR RAM, if you boot my Hard drive!
November 17, 2001 11:13:24 PM

it depends on how many user accounts you have on your xp machine.
if you just have your own account and no one elses, it'll boot straight to that account and right to the desktop.
but if you have multiple accounts, then it'll boot to win xp account selector thing (not sure what it's called). you just click on your name and it'll boot to that account (there's no need to enter a password).
hope that help.

I don't claim to know anything about everything, I just tell people what I know.
-PSB
Related resources
Anonymous
November 19, 2001 9:36:37 PM

pr 497 isn't entirely right, I have my XP box set to require passwords at login, like 2000/NT.
November 19, 2001 9:43:31 PM

You choose what you want. You can have a single account go straight to the desktop or to the login screen. If you have multiple accounts I don't know if you can have one of those go straight to the desktop. If it did though you would just log out and back in as a different user. Passwords are optional.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
November 20, 2001 12:03:48 AM

whoops...oh well..so i forgot to mention one minor detail...ah well

I don't claim to know anything about everything, I just tell people what I know.
-PSB
!