Duel Screen with SLI

FulmeR

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Hi all. So I recently bought a new monitor(27" of gaming beauty!) and was wanting to just run duel displays since my old monitor is still a decent monitor. I was a little dismayed to find out that SLI does not support duel screens. Now all the forums/websites I visited trying to researchn this were from back in 2004/2005, or so it seemed, and was curious if anything new had come around? If there is a thread explaining this that someone knows of and can point me in that direction I would be most grateful. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
If a single card supports dual displays why would SLI not? Just plug both monitors into your primary card, it should work unless you're using 3 year old drivers or something. Check this page out (http://www.slizone.com/object/sli_multi_monitor.html#connection)

Tillman32

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
You can run dual displays, I do it all the time. Now If you are running games across both at the same time ( Wouldn't recommend it cause of the line down the middle ) then you might want SLI for the performance gain. And obviously if you want 3 + monitors you need to SLI.

AG Renagade

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Running dual displays is easy, just plug in your monitors onto the first GPU and boot into windows, right click on your desktop and go to your Nvidia control panel and play around with "Set up multiple displays" under the display features.

TRENDING THREADS