Your question

What kind of video cards work

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 11, 2010 2:51:15 PM

Hello,
i want to buy a Asus Crosshair IV Formula motherboard... to run dual video cards which i think is called (SLI) do i have to use ATI Radeon video cards or can i use NVIDIA cards??

More about : kind video cards work

a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2010 3:20:20 PM

You can run either sli(nvidia cards) or crossfire(ati cards).
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 11, 2010 3:31:32 PM

I thought on this board you can't do NVIDIA cards you had to use ATI cards to run dual cards
m
l
Related resources
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 11, 2010 3:48:38 PM

You can only do crossfire with that board. It uses the 890FX chipset and nVidia doesn't give out SLI certification for AMD boards like they do for Intel boards. To use SLI with an AMD CPU you need to use a board with an nVidia chipset (which doesn't allow for crossfire by the way) or used hacked drivers.
m
l
a c 144 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 11, 2010 3:49:01 PM

lol. you know what card to get. AMD multi gpu setup called as crossfire. SLI is term used for nvidia cards
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2010 3:52:35 PM

Woops, i totally forgot about the limitation of sli on amd boards for a second there.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 11, 2010 4:22:24 PM

OK thx everyone It just sucks that unless you spend double the amount for a ATI card that is 256-bit from another ATI card thats 128-bit... I imagine the 128-bit cards would bottle neck badly... even if i bought 2 of them and use the crossfire
m
l
!