Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Computer stuck booting up

Last response: in Systems
January 11, 2011 1:57:56 AM

I recently got a new CPU fan and after I put it on my pc came up with a hardware issue while booting up. I took it to a repair shop and they said I didn't screw the fan on tight enough so it was overheating and I plugged cords in the wrong spot.

I took it home and now it'll beep once, display the msi screen, not do anything for about a minute then I think it beeped three more times and then it goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor.

I am unable to access the bios and have no idea what to do or what could even cause this.

Any ideas?

More about : computer stuck booting

a b B Homebuilt system
January 11, 2011 3:55:33 AM

Did the PC shop get it running?
Sounds like a hard drive issue to me because it tries to boot, shows you the MSI splash screen. Are you able to get into the bios?
Score
January 11, 2011 4:09:09 AM

Well it boots up fine now. I'm not sure what I did but it boots up without problems.

However, the MSI startup screen still takes a lot longer then it used to. It used to only take a couple of seconds until it moved past now it seems to take around a minute. How would I find out about that?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
January 11, 2011 4:15:22 AM

You may be able to disable that in the bios. Check the MB manual, I dont recall how to do it off the top of my head. I believe it is a setting in the bios though.
Happy to hear your rig is working again.
January 21, 2011 12:43:10 AM

Best answer selected by sazkion.
Score
January 21, 2011 7:20:01 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!