Closed Solved

Computer stuck booting up

I recently got a new CPU fan and after I put it on my pc came up with a hardware issue while booting up. I took it to a repair shop and they said I didn't screw the fan on tight enough so it was overheating and I plugged cords in the wrong spot.

I took it home and now it'll beep once, display the msi screen, not do anything for about a minute then I think it beeped three more times and then it goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor.

I am unable to access the bios and have no idea what to do or what could even cause this.

Any ideas?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer stuck booting
  1. Did the PC shop get it running?
    Sounds like a hard drive issue to me because it tries to boot, shows you the MSI splash screen. Are you able to get into the bios?
  2. Well it boots up fine now. I'm not sure what I did but it boots up without problems.

However, the MSI startup screen still takes a lot longer then it used to. It used to only take a couple of seconds until it moved past now it seems to take around a minute. How would I find out about that?
  3. Best answer
    You may be able to disable that in the bios. Check the MB manual, I dont recall how to do it off the top of my head. I believe it is a setting in the bios though.
    Happy to hear your rig is working again.
  4. Best answer selected by sazkion.
  5. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Hardware Issue Systems