My asus p8p67 LE not responding when loading W7 ?

johnnyq8

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
there was no problem from few weeks but i dont know what happened suddenly a crash im using Corsair Force 120 GB SSD for boot and 1 TB WD Caviar Green for games and programs and 500 GB X2 in raid 0 for storage
in the HDD's order i set the DVD drive first > SSD > 1 TB > Raid 0
but it wont load windows 7 first its like its reading the other hard's and forget the ssd but when i enter the bios menu and select ssd it wont load windows 7 too ?? but when i accidentally presses on load intel volume 0 ( raid 0 ) it loaded windows 7 fine now when ever i want to start windows i have to go in bios and select intel volume 0 it wont work if i made it the first priority ? its strange what the hell is going on

Solution

Hi Johnnyq8,

From the sound of...

johnnyq8

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

i just updated the ssd firmware month ago i was waiting for that update from the last year and cleaned the reg. the problem appeared from this operations
and i have enabled ahci on realtek controller + raid on the intel controller

winoutreach5

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011

Hi Johnnyq8,

From the sound of your setup, your RAID drives are not bootable as they are just storage drives. Your bootable drive is / was the SSD. Let's try this: Go into BIOS and set the settings back to the original settings you had:
1. SSD
2. 1TB for Games
3. 2x500GB RAID 0 for Storage.
Next, boot from a Windows 7 DVD and select the option in the bottom right hand corner to "repair my computer" to enter into the Windows Recovery Environment.

From there you can try two different solutions:
1. Run a startup repair. You can find out more about Windows 7 startup repair here.
2. Manually repair the bootmgr with cmd (command) prompt. To learn more about manually repairing the bootmgr, you can click here.
From the sound of it, the bootmgr simply became corrupt and you just have to have Windows 7 properly rewrite it.

It would be best to try the first option and then reboot the computer. If the issue persists, the next step would be to run the second option and reboot.

Jessica
Windows Outreach Team -- IT Pro

Solution