GETTING LESS SPEED AT AMD X6 1090T

hemal

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
hi friends,
irecently bought amdx6 9010T, &motherboard is msi 880gma-e45, ram 4gb

BUT MY PROBLEM IS THAT I AM NOT GETTING MUCH SPEED MY DATA TRANSFER SPEED BETWEEN DRIVES OF HARD DISK IS IN AVERAGE OF 30-35 MBPS,,
IS IT NORMAL?

I THINK IAM GETTING LESS SPEED,,,

WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE HELP ME FRIENDS :)

What drives are they in particular? For older models 35MB/s was a pretty decent speed, but with denser platters these days sustained read/write speeds of over 100MB/s can be achieved with a good modern drive but if you have an older drive you are likely at its limit.

You will also get low overall throughput if you are transferring a series of smaller files compared to a single massive file.

hemal

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
I M TRANSFERRING BETWEEN HARD DISK DRIVES AND HAVING THAT KIND OF SPEED

MY PC CONFIG IS
PROCESSOR: AMD X6 3.2 GHZ 1090T
MBOARD : MSI 880GMA-E45
RAM : SILICON POWER 4GB DDR3-1333
HARD DISK : HITACHI 1TB SATA 72OO RPM
GRAPHICS : SAPPHIRE HD5770 1GB GDDR 5 PCI-E
POWETSUP :THERMALTAKE 430 WAT LIGHT POWER

AND EVERY THING IS BRAND NEW,,BOUGHT A WEEK AGO

NOW FRNDS PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?

First turn off caps lock or im not responding to this thread after this one.

Second, are you transfering from one hard drive to another or are you moving the files around on the hard drive? If you are moving them around then the throughput will be less than half of the average read and write speed since it has to read it, move to the new spot on the disk, then write it.

That does look suspiciously like USB2, doesn't it?

Without describing your 'other' hard drive we can't help you --- it may well be SATAI or an even older IDE with a very low transfer rate.

The south bridge on that motherboard is the best yah can get --- not an issue, there, unless you failed to install the proper chipset drivers.

hemal

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
what kind of speed i am suppose to get ?

if there an amd user has same requirments like mine please ans me :)

and i am copieng between hard disk drives like drive D to E. and having the speed like 30-35 average....

my hard disk is brand new
and a new sata version .i have given its model number....

can u please tell me why is the cause please....

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

I think he means he has two hard drives, and he is copying stuff from one to another. Why is it that 90% of people on the internet don't speak English properly??

hemal

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
i have only one hard disk and copying in between its partition drives.....

and i am copying big files with one or two things. like movie.

can u tell me that how much speed i am suppose to get?..............

my cousin has core 2 duo 2.93 ghz with 2 gb ddr2 ram he is geting same speed

so is amd 1090t is slow..... or iam having some problem....

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Copying files is dependent mostly on the hard drive, not the processor and ram.

When copying between partitions of the same disk, you are asking the drive to read from one part of the disk, and write to another. This can slow the process.

your logic is a little flawed. I keep movies on a separate partition so they dont fill up my windows partition. and in the event i need to reinstall windows all my data is safe on the other partition and i can format away. And why, just because you have a second hard drive, would the second hard drive be immune to failure? I do agree with the transfer speed would be faster from drive to drive. Bottom line OP is that you are getting acceptable transfer speeds and your AMD cpu has nothing to do with it. If you want faster speeds get SSD drives in a RAID configuration.

Noobie101

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
I would say the hard drive would be the culprit but I'm not 100% sure. I have almost the same set up as you, same same motherboard but slower CPU, I have the 2.8ghz X6. Although mine is OC to 3.5ghz. I also have SSD drive for the OS. Although I am using the Samsung F3 harddrive. I tell you that set up is fast. If you cant get a fast speed, I would really look into the hard drive. Is your Hitachi HDD an older model? I know its new, but it could be an older model. What model is it?

Its not that the hard drive is slow, its what you are doing is making it slow, if you were transferring files between hard drives your speed would be almost double, but because the hard drive has to read and write and move between locations your speed is less than half of max because its doing more than twice as much work.

60-70MB/s is actually about right if he has one of the older Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 drives, if you look at the charts here you will see their average read/write throughput is about 68 MB/s
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2009-3.5-desktop-hard-drive-charts/h2benchw-3.12-Avg-Read-Throughput,1010.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2009-3.5-desktop-hard-drive-charts/h2benchw-3.12-Avg-Write-Throughput,1013.html

If its an older style 1TB drive with 4 250GB platters it will have significantly lower speeds than a new drive like the F3 that has 2 500GB platters, double the data density leads to significantly higher speeds.