sgtdavis44

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
Hi again,

I'm strongly considering getting the Sparkle X460G graphics card for my new rig. Just some questions:
1. Does anyone have experience with it? What do you think about it if you do?

2. I have been unable to find any proper benchmarks for it through Google or on this site. Does anyone know of any?

3. Lastly, is it a good card for the price?

*Sorry for the X450G title, mistyped it at first and now I can't change it.

The Sparkle X450G comes with the Arctic Cooling Acelero Twin Turbo Pro cooler, one of the best. It is also is factory overclocked at 850mhz (reference is 783mhz).

imageview.php

Here's a review that compares it to other GTS450's:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gts-450-review-roundup/1

According to the review:
-It has one of the lowest power consumption ratings.
-One of the lowest load temps, 43c.
-Registered a quiet 38dB noise level. The range was 36dB to 39dB, so there were some that were slightly quieter.
-When gauging performance, remember that the cards with the fastest clock speeds naturally scored higher. Only 2 cards in the roundup had lower clock speeds, so the Sparkle Calibre showed up in the middle of the performance charts.
-Overclocked, the Sparkle, clocked up to 956mhz, right near the top, but was slightly beaten in performance by a lower clocked card.

Be aware:
"Overall a huge card, literally, as the cooler eats up three card slots. But that brings in a lot of cooling performance. Again thanks to that cooler this card will not get warmer than roughly 45 Degrees C. And that's just commendable."

According to that review, I would recommend the Sparkle GTS450, but would also recommend taking a look at the ECS GTX450 Black.

sgtdavis44

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
Aw ***! Sorry, I meant the X460G. With all my latest Google searches I typed X450G alot and got kinda accustomed to it. But thanks anyway :)

BTW: How the HELL can I change the thread title? It just continuously says I do not have permission?

You mean all that work for nothing? Well the 460 also comes with the Arctic Cooling cooler and so it should be quiet and cool.

Here's a review:
http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f111/review-sparkle-calibre-geforce-gtx460-73459/

I would still be looking at that ECS Black, or the Gigabyte Superoverclock, but the Sparkle will be comparable.

sgtdavis44

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
Yeah, sorry about that man =] But it still is usefull, I might still consider the 450 from whoever I can :)

Sparkle, Gigabyte and MSI are the only manufacturers I can "cheaply"(in a sense that everything costs about 1.5 times as much here due to VAT and import costs, and then suppliers ask even more to make profit. A 1gb Cyclone costs how much in the US? Here it is comparable to about $336 US. INSANE!). Loking at that review(game benchmarks, mostly interested in S.T.A.L.K.E.R, wish he had Metro 2033) the X450G is the best for me over MSI.

Yeah, in case you couldn't tell, I really like that Arctic Cooling cooler on the Sparkle Calibre. It will be even quieter than the MSI Cyclone, which is a pretty quiet card. Make sure you have plenty of space for a large custom cooler. In all, you can't go wrong with any of the models being discussed. The GTX460's are going for about $170US right now, with a free game.

sgtdavis44

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
The P55-GD65 has 3 slots fro both x16 busses doesn't it? That's looking at reviews and pics of it.

EDIT: I see you have it, is it good?(The motherboard). But will the card fit over the top of the cooler between the two slots? I was unable to get any proper side shots to get it's hight. If it's the same as the one I have right now... My boards cooler is 3cm high!

EDIT 2: Oh yeah! Wrong place to ask but since were here, that guy that reviewed the x460g has a 650w psu? And SLI X460Gs? Can I get an Antec TP-650?

The MSI P55-GD65 is a good board, but it may be hard to find one. They have moved to SATA III and USB 3.0 in an updated model. I got it because it received great reveiws, supports SLI, and was on sale for $80. The board has a good layout and plenty of space between PCIe lanes, certainly enough to cover a 3 slot cooler. The heatsink in the middle is not very tall and doesn't pose a problem for my GTX480. You may not have much room for other PCIe cards, though. Be sure to take a look at the board layout:
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1846&maincat_no=1

I'm going to go with the recommendation from Guru3d, which is that you will need a 750watt power supply for SLI (due to the factory overclock). In another article, they recommend 650-700 watts, so 650 might be the lower limit, but I would go for more to be safe.

sgtdavis44

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
I won't be using any add-on cards besides my GPUs and I will definitively not be getting SLI yet. Just some preparing for 2 years into the future ;)

But thanks for your help. I will e-mail the "shop" again and find out.

Thanks again!