Sign in with
Your question

Something bottlenecking and your opinions

Last response: in Systems
January 11, 2011 12:37:13 PM

these are my speccs:

Processor:AMD Phenom2 X4 965 3,4GHz Black Edition with Corsair Cooling Hydro H70 CPU-cooler

Memory:Corsair 4GB (2x2048MB) 1600MHz DOMINATOR GT DHX+||||| 2 of these so 8GB total with Corsair Airflow Fan Version 2 cooling

GFX card:XFX Radeon HD5970 2GB Black Edition(Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 5970)

Harddrive:Corsair SSD Force Series 120GB 2.5"

Motherboard:Asus Crosshair IV Formula

Power supply:XFX Black Edition 850W

Case:Cooler Master HAF X ATX

Screens:2x BenQ G2420HDB FULL HD 24"

Now personally i thought this was gonna be an AWESOME rig but something cant be right since i cant run for example lost planet 2 on everything maxed including AA and such without lag. so im guessing something is bottlenecking or i have fucked it up totally with everything :(  any oppinions ?

and also what is my rig worth if i want to sell it (i am from sweden)

More about : bottlenecking opinions

a b B Homebuilt system
January 11, 2011 12:59:54 PM

Are you using Direct X 11 or 9 or 10 for the game? I understand that in the past there were issues with DX11 and 5970 with Lost Planet 2
January 11, 2011 1:02:02 PM

9 but i get problems in garrys mod even and some other games i mean, the system should run really well shouldnt it ?
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
January 11, 2011 1:05:29 PM

Yes. That system looks pretty damn good. Have you tried uninstalling your video drivers and reinstalling from the AMD website?
January 11, 2011 1:07:57 PM

yep. i have even formated and installed drivers that i downloaded onto a flashdrive before formatting (newest drivers)

and recently i have started getting a error where my graphics drivers crash and gets restored by windows :(  it has persisted throughout before and after formatting
a b B Homebuilt system
January 11, 2011 2:32:20 PM

I would put a system monitor on and see if the card is overheating. To me that sounds like a defect in the video card. Try running the computer with the case side off and see if the fan turns on when you start the game... also what are your ram timings set to?
January 11, 2011 2:38:52 PM

evilavatar said:
I would put a system monitor on and see if the card is overheating. To me that sounds like a defect in the video card. Try running the computer with the case side off and see if the fan turns on when you start the game... also what are your ram timings set to?

hehehe :whistle:  :(  dont flame me but that's seriously the only thing i cant handle (the timing stuff) so i dont even know the timing :(  dont even know how to set it up it doesnt make sense to me :/  PLEASE dont flame me xD
January 13, 2011 5:45:53 PM

anyone who can help me ?
a b B Homebuilt system
January 13, 2011 7:10:06 PM

set your mem to SPD if necessary, default 1066 timings/latencies....; drop to a pair in required color coded slots for dual channel operation until you figure out what is going on. (8 GB no better than 4 GB anyway for games today)

Is also possible your PSU is insufficient to power the gpu under heavy load....

5970s (essentially a pair of 1GB gpus, not the same as a single gpu with 2 gb) do indeed have mem bandwidth limitations in some texture heavy DX10/11 titles...; you are not going to be able to run a pair of monitors at 1920x1200 with 32x/32x type AA/AF settings...

see www.hardocp.com for review several months back in gpu section....
!