Nikon D70 - where is the serial number??

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 26, 2005 9:22:22 PM

Evening All...

Just got my shiny new D70..

Duh! where is the serial number on the body? - I found the one on the lens
but I can't find one on the body and I would like to register the beast :-(

TIA

Guy
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 9:22:23 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:22:22 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "Bigguy"
<bigguy@somewhere.com> wrote:
>Duh! where is the serial number on the body? - I found the one on the lens
>but I can't find one on the body and I would like to register the beast :-(

The easy answer is on the box. The hard answer is on the camera base
just above the word Nikon, as least for mine.
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 9:24:20 PM

Bigguy wrote:

> Just got my shiny new D70..
>
> Duh! where is the serial number on the body? - I found the one on the lens
> but I can't find one on the body and I would like to register the beast :-(

in the base of the D70 body; it's in brown lettering, so it can be hard
to read :)

--
chidalgo
January 26, 2005 9:39:10 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:22:22 -0000, "Bigguy" <bigguy@somewhere.com>
wrote:

>Evening All...
>
>Just got my shiny new D70..
>
>Duh! where is the serial number on the body? - I found the one on the lens
>but I can't find one on the body and I would like to register the beast :-(

On the base of the camera, just above the word Nikon from the label.
It's scratched into the black plastic above that label and is quite
hard to see. It's a section of base that doesn't have a ridge on.

--
Owamanga!
Anonymous

Aha - found it!!

Thanks - I'm off to get my eyes tested now... ;-)

Guy
Owamanga wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:22:22 -0000, "Bigguy" <bigguy@somewhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Evening All...
>>
>> Just got my shiny new D70..
>>
>> Duh! where is the serial number on the body? - I found the one on
>> the lens but I can't find one on the body and I would like to
>> register the beast :-(
>
> On the base of the camera, just above the word Nikon from the label.
> It's scratched into the black plastic above that label and is quite
> hard to see. It's a section of base that doesn't have a ridge on.
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 12:32:42 AM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:24:20 -0300, chidalgo <chidalgo@bla.bla.bla>
wrote:

>Bigguy wrote:
>
>> Just got my shiny new D70..
>>
>> Duh! where is the serial number on the body? - I found the one on the lens
>> but I can't find one on the body and I would like to register the beast :-(
>
> in the base of the D70 body; it's in brown lettering, so it can be hard
>to read :)

Brown? Take off your sunglasses. It's engraved - black on black.

--
Owamanga!
Anonymous

brown, black, engraved, I was finally able to read it by looking at the area
where Nikon said it was and then tilting the bottom untill it caught the
light just right, then it poped right out.
I guess that it was done that way so the thief couldn't just find it right
away and grind it off. I thought it was clever myself.
Yours,
Tom

!