Not able to ping my computer

G

Hello,
i have a desktop computer with 1GB ram,core 2 duo 1.86 gz processor and intel D946GZ motherboard.i am not able to connect to the internet and when i type ping ip address in the cmd i get reply as timed out and data 100% loss,and i checked with the ip address of my computer with the help of internet service provider also he also cant resolve the problem,i checked my network hardware also but still im not able to connect to the internet can anybody tell me solution for my problem please please? im able to access internet in the laptop with the same modem...but not in the desktop can anyone help?

Hello,
i have a desktop computer with 1GB ram,core 2 duo 1.86 gz processor and intel D946GZ motherboard.i am not able to connect to the internet and when i type ping ip address in the cmd i get reply as timed out and data 100% loss,and i checked with the ip address of my computer with the help of internet service provider also he also cant resolve the problem,i checked my network hardware also but still im not able to connect to the internet can anybody tell me solution for my problem please please? im able to access internet in the laptop with the same modem...but not in the desktop can anyone help?

You checked the hardware but did that include checking the driver? Can you get online if you connect your laptop to the MODEM using the cable the PC is using as an experiment in checking the cable?[/#000ff]