Can you look at my specs if i can run this progs

davidestrada

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
can I run windows 7 32 bit, visual studio 2010, photoshop cs5 with this specs?

intel pentium d 820 2.8GHz
Asus P5LD2 - SE motherboard
3Gb RAM
Radeon X1550 512mb 128 bit
200Gb SeaGate SATA hard disk

thanks...hoping to hear from anyone soon... :hello:

davidestrada

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
awww no replies yet. I really hope someone could at least enlighten me with this. Im on a tight budget that's why I cant actually buy new parts right now, maybe because of the luxury living here in the philippines. And those parts I've listed are old ones. I really wanted to run those programs, especially visual studio 2010 to start learning asp.net mvc 2 programming. I have high regards with experts here at tom's hardware that is why I posted my concern here. Hope someone drops a comment.

Thanks in advance.

davidestrada

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
@blackhawk1928: thanks bro...sorry I didn't read your reply earlier...

will this specs work?

INTEL DUAL CORE E5800 3.2
ASUS P5G41C-M LX G41/DDR3-2/GLAN/X4500/8CH
KINGSTON 2GB DDR3 PC10600/1333
SEAGATE 500GB 7200 SATA

The above list are all the parts that could fit on my budget right now.
But if I add SAPPHIRE HD5570 1GB DDR3 128BIT, would it make a big difference?

thanks for your reply. I really hope to here from you again. Many thanks.

festerovic

Distinguished
My opinion is that I have used single core p4s with win 7 64 bit with 4 gb RAM and an old video card, and found the performance of VS to be fine, its not that demanding and its req's are pretty low according to M$. Photoshop is a dog without a fast cpu if you do heavy work with it.

My advice: put as much into the CPU and RAM, and not worry about the GPU unless you need it for games.

If you dont mind, what's your budget on this?

davidestrada

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011

Thanks festerovic

I don't do much graphics using Photoshop, I only want to use if for a few images and buttons for my asp.net sites and I'm not into games also.

By the way, my budget is only $250.

I'll take your first advice, but if you have some other things you can advice that could fit my budget, I will check on it.

Thanks again

davidestrada

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011

ahaha. I think that won't even run Angry Birds for PC properly. :D

Sure you can run it, but you may not be happy with it ^_^. Looks like you can upgrade the CPU to an older Core2Duo with a BIOS update.

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=ly0uHyAg2GI5nzmr

You should be fine with that Pentium D for what you want. Visual Studio itself will run just fine. Just be aware that the more features you add to a program, the slower it's going to be and the more memory it will take up which is easy to see if you like Visual Basic and start adding stuff like reporting tools. Might be good for you since it could teach you to be more efficient :D. Photoshop is going to run a bit slow, but it will run. Just don't expect any Open GL acceleration to speed things up with that X1550. I mean sure theoretically it could work, but ......